A shadow appeared as it loomed over the three kids.

"Naoko, Tenko, Hana...were you in my office?" The voice was laced in venom, clearly angered at his children.

"F-father..." Naoko shrunk in fear.

"I-it was-" Tenko started.

"Tenko! He forced us to go there!" Hana cut him off. Father's angry stare burnt into the poor boy.

"Tenko...What did I tell you about heroes? They abandon their families for people they don't even know!" The father growled dangerously as the boy looked at the ground.

The night was filled with screams as the boy was beaten mercilessly while the girls shrunk away in the shadows; one filled with terror and the other filled with guilt.

Tenko wrapped his arms around Mon and buried his face in the dog's fur, sobbing uncontrollably. but at that moment, he felt a strange, itching sensation traveled through his body. Mon's usually soft, creamy fur.. changed. He slowly raised his head to see what had happened, only to stare in horror as the fur seemed to have solidified into a shade of gray, cracking into small particles as Mon collapsed into pieces.

"Sorry... I shouldn't have done that.."

As Hana, whose tears had dried, screeched in terror as her eyes landed on the gruesome sight before her.

"Father! Help!" She yelled, her eyes wide while she shielded her younger sister from the horror.

"Hana?" Naoko asked as she wondered what had happened.

"SHUT UP!" Tenko yelled at Hana's screams for help.

"I WAS THE ONE WHO DID IT? IT WAS YOUR IDEA, EVERYTHING IS YOUR IDEA YET EVERY TIME IT'S MY FAULT!" Tenko screamed at his older sister.

"I- T-tenko..." Hana stuttered at his sudden outburst.

"I hate you." That was the last thing he said before he grabbed her wrist, watching as her body crumpled into gray ash, finishing with the hand blocking Naoko's view.

"Run..." She whispered to her sister.

Things went into a blur,

Their father came and tried to suppress Tenko but when he did, Tenko grabbed onto his arm.

He crumbled away as Hana did.

Then Mother came, attempting to calm Tenko down as she wrapped her arms around her.

And...she crumpled away too.

This time, no one was there to hide the horror from the young girl.

She froze, not knowing what to do.

Then she remembered what her sister had told her as her feet carried her away.

"Run."