"In the dream house?" he lowered his brows.

"Yeah," she nodded. "I think that it would look cool with the treehouse you're supposed to eventually build."

"Swings and a slide it is then," he kissed her temple as they continued walking towards the Leaky Cauldron, greeting Tom before going into the main part of the alley.

"We have a meeting with Lee's dad tonight to go over some details before the whole building process starts so he agreed to meet me in the café after it's closed if it's okay by you love."

"Fred, we don't even have a piece of land to actually start building the house-"

"Of course we do," he shrugged.

"What in heaven's name are you on about?" she narrowed her eyes at him.

"After you left to France, I may or may not have bought out of impulse where we got married," he scratched the back of his neck.

"You bought the hill?!" Maddie said loudly. "And didn't fucking tell me about it!"

"In my defense it was supposed to be a surprise," he lifted his palms in defeat. "Do you like the surprise?"

"Of course I bloody like the surprise wanker," she slapped his arm repeatedly. "You could have mentioned it before we got married that you bought a giant piece of land!"

"I know, I know, and I'm sorry but it was supposed to be a surprise when I would take you to see the house!"

"In Godric's name Frederick! Did you seriously expected me to just let you build a house without me supervising the details as well?"

"Maybe," he mumbled. "Clearly I was wrong."

"Clearly," she scoffed. "We're doing this together-"

"I know we are, I just really wanted to surprise you once the foundations were built on our hill," he said softly and cupped her cheeks.

"Can you at least explain how you came across buying it," she pouted.

"I was speaking with Neville after you left, he's a really good listener actually and I don't know what went over me because I started telling him all about our history and once I mentioned the hill he said that his grandmother owned a large terrain on a hill an hour from central London-"

"So that space belongs to Augusta Longbottom-"

"Belonged, it's ours now," he said nonchalantly. "So in the midst of my heartbreak, I allowed for him to take me to his grandmother's land and out of pure coincidence, it was the same hill so I contacted her and bought it the following day and that's why I told you that I never actually stopped going there-"

"Because you fucking owned the land," she finished his sentence for him. "Fred, that must have costed you a fortune-"

"It did, Neville's grandma definitely knows how to sell but the space is actually more than just the hill angel," Fred chuckled. "It's all of the land around including the trees and a small stream that's a bit farther down-"

"Frederick," Maddie looked up at him. "How many acres are we exactly talking about?"

"Two-hundred and eighty-"

"Merlin's fuck that's enormous," her mouth fell open.

"Surprise," he beamed as they went inside the joke shop.

"So how was the honeymoon?" George asked after greeting his brother and sister-in-law.

"Amazing," Maddie gushed once she recovered from the initial shock of Fred's very unexpected surprise.