Nova's Favorite Animal Mosquitos

Start from the beginning

"An explaination would be delightful," Hermione stated, crossing her arms. Nova opened her mouth to speak, but Hermione cut her off. "I swear if you say anything about chocolate." Nova began to speak, but Hermione shut her down yet again. "Or Fire whiskey."

"I assume you're Miss Hermione Granger," the blonde man spoke. Much like the others, his skin was nothing less than paper pale. His eyes were blood red, much like the others. It was something Harry noticed.

"And you are?" Ron demanded.

"Weasleys, padres, Potters, Meadow-Mikinnons, Malfoy, and my favorite Slytherins," Nova began. "Meet the Cullens. Cullens, meet the people I told you about."

"How exactly did you meet?" Harry asked with furrowed browed.

"I-"

"We found her half-dead in the woods," Jasper said helpfully. He had blonde wavy hair that ran just past his jaw. He was pale much like the others and had red eyes.

"You what?" Sirius demanded.

"Thanks, Houston," Nova glared. "Thanks a lot."

"Not a problem, London," Jasper smirked, with his arm draped around the shoulders of a petite brunette. "I just know how much you hate explaining things."

"You didn't have to scare them half to death!" Nova protested.

"In his defense," Emmet grinned. "You were nearly dead. If it weren't for your heart hammering in your chest, we would've believed you to be dead."

Remus's left eye began to twitch.

"Houston," Nova elbowed him. "Now is your chance to do that thing where you control emotions."

Aside from sparkling in the sun, certain vampires had talents of sorts. Alice could see into the future, Cedric (or Edward being his vampire name) can read the minds of others, and Jasper can control emotions.

"You control emotions?" Ginny asked in disbelief. "I didn't know vampires could do that."

"There are different classifications I suppose," Esme shrugged. "Unfortunately, as much as we love visiting Nova, we didn't come here for a simply visit."

"Nova," Alice stepped forward with a worried expression on her face. She spoke in a barely audible whisper. "It's about my talent."

Her eyes flickered around the group curiously.

"Alice, I found this book I thought you might like," Nova spoke. "Come on. I'll show you my library."

Harry, Ron, and Hermione made to follow, but Emmet and Jasper stopped them. Sirius found himself glaring at the vampires along with Remus.

"I'll be right back," Nova assured. "Cedward, why don't you catch up with everyone?"

"I wasn't friends with anyone but you and Potter-" Nova glared at him. "But! I would be happy to!"

***

The wizards and witches sat across the room from the vampires. There was one massive stare down taking place.

"You know I can hear your thoughts, right?" Cedric asked them.

"Oh really?" Sirius challenged. "What am I thinking?"

"You're wondering what would happen if you transform into your animagus and bite my face off," Cedric answered. "Is everything with you Gryffindors swing first and ask questions later?"

"Sadly, for the most of us, that happens to be the case," Hermione sighed deeply.

"I've been asking that about Nova since we were seven," Draco scoffed. "Always throwing punches at me."

Everyone looked at him with raised brows.

"Whether I deserved them or not is irrelevant," he added quickly.

"Are you done glaring at me?" Harry asked Rosalie in irritation.

"I'm deciding if I like you," she declared. "I'm also deciding whether or not I should rip your throat out."

"You will do no such thing," Lily said hotly.

"You must be Remus Lupin," Carlise held out a hand for Remus to shake. "I'm Carlise Cullen."

"Nice to meet you," Remus sent him a scarred smile.

"You've raised a wonderful daughter, Mr. Lupin," Carlise complimented.

Remus winced, having almost nothing to do with Nova's upbringing.

"So . . .after you found Nova, what happened?" Fred asked curiously.

"You don't know?"

"No," Ron shook his head. "She hasn't exactly been completely open about much. She hasn't told anyone what she went through last year. The only thing be know is that she was kidnapped, told us not to look for her, and showed up at Hogwarts during the battle."

Harry and Hermione shared a glance. They both knew more than that, but it wasn't their story to share.

"She threw Edward across a clearing," Emmet grinned.

"We stole a dragon," Cedric added.

"We trained," Carlise stated.

"We learned more about the wizarding culture," Esme nodded, her dark hair falling around her head.

"She helped rein in the testosterone," Rosalie remarked.

***

"This vision you had," Nova began but was cut off.

"Visions," Alice corrected. "I need to know everything important that has happened so far."

"I won my quidditch game," Nova began. "There was a prophecy, and I'm out of waffle mix."

"Good, you've already gotten the prophecy," Alice nodded.

"What else was in the visions?"

"You were fighting valiently, but I don't know who it was you were fighting," Alice began. "But you were angry, furious if you must."

"That doesn't seem so bad-"

"In my latest vision," she continued. "You collapsed, Nova. You were dying."

"So you're telling me that I've still got to fight," Nova said in a shakey voice. "I've got to fight despite fighting my entire life?"

"Nova, I'm sorry-"

"I might die?" she younger woman asked hesitantly with glossy eyes.

"Nova-"

Nova quickly whiped the tears that fell from her eye. She blinked a few times to rid herself of tears. Any signs of fear or sadness were gone.

"Thank you, Alice," she smiled.

"I wish we could have reunited under better circumstances," she said sincerely. "We've been planning to pay you a visit, but out plans were moved up several months."

"It's alright," Nova assured, handing Alice a book to complete their cover story. "Let's go make sure my living room is in one piece."

Alice smiled, and made her way to leave. That's when Nova stopped her.

"Whatever you do," Nova said slowly. "Do not, under any circumstance, tell my family about what you saw. Don't say anything about the prophecy."

"They have a right to know."

"And they'll know when I'm ready."

"You never plan to tell them," Alice said disapprovingly.

"I don't," Nova said honestly. "I'll leave something behind as a goodbye if I need to."

"At least tell your fathers and Harry."

"I can't," Nova shooked her head. "I'll break down. I'll lose it. I won't have the courage to do what I need to do in the end."

Alice said nothing.

"Promise me you won't say anything about what we discussed."

It was silent for a grueling moment.

"I promise."