First Year Final Part

Author's Note:

This chapter is definately longer than the other ones...

Enjoy!

"So you mean to tell me that four eleven-year-olds worked to stop Snape alone?" Lily asked in shock, running a pale hand through her hair.

"Technically, Hermione was twelve for most of it and Ron turned twelve before we actually decided to go on an adventure," Nova shrugged. Lily sent her a dark and irritated expression. "But yes. Dumbledore left four midgets to fight a dark wizard. Done it a few times."

"I've never realized it before," Hermione shook her head.

Harry remained silent, knowing that if he told them what Dumbledore planned for him, especially Nova and Lily, would lose it. He realized that they would find out later, but he thought it best to wait.

"What's up, bitches?" Theo shouted as he returned from the store.

"You better not have emptied my bank account," Nova warned. "I'll set Nyx on you, pale bastard."

"Sheesh!" Theo rolled his eyes. "And to think I got you chocolate."

Harry instantly looked at Nova. He knew she hasn't eaten any chocolate since May. Since Remus's death.

She shrugged and walked to the kitchen.

Once she was out of ear-shot everyone turned to Harry.

"What the hell?" Fred hissed.

"That woman has never turned down chocolate. Like ever." George added.

Many of the Returners tuned into the conversation.

"Yeah, well, things change," Harry shrugged.

"You said she was getting better!" Ginny hissed while jabbing her finger accusingly at him.

"She is!" Harry exclaimed. "From what I've heard that happened, I'm not surprised she is taking a while to heal. I'd be concerned if she was acting normal."

"How much do you know?" Hermione asked. She was the only other person that knows what happened to Nova.

"The basics. I know what happened but, with Nova, it's always worse than she makes it out to be. Although she was sobbing when she told me..." Harry frowned. "I wish I was there."

Hermione nodded in agreement.

"I'm going to ignore how I don't know what you're talking about," Sirius stated. "We'll see it in the memories."

"The memories Nova will not be watching," Harry crossed his arms.

"Why not?" Dorcas had asked, generally curious.

"Considering she was in isolation, tortured for nearly nine months, powerless, and a bunch of other things, I'd say that she's not reliving that." Harry's tone was final. There wasn't anything to debate.

Nova, who was listening at the door, smiled thankfully. She wanted to watch the memories, but Harry was right, she didn't need to relive that. The memories haunted her enough.

***

"Good Golly!" James exclaimed as he watched Neville, Nova, Hermione, and Harry lose a total of 200 points at one time. "In all of our years at Hogwarts, we could never break the 175 mark!"

The group had just watched the memory in which Harry, Hermione, and Nova snuck out to help Norberta to safety with Neville tagging along in hopes of warning them about Malfoy.