CHAPTER 27

Quackity slowly opened his eyes, feeling throbbing pain on his back and throat. The human tried to remember what had happened to him, the memories about the two strangers who appeared finally filling his head. “Oh! You're awake!” It was the stranger, Egg, who spoke. “Yeah, sorry I should have given you more of a warning before doing that to you.” The stranger sat down next to the still tense male, reaching over him towards his back. “Gold wings, peculiar for an avian. Your parents must have been very proud of you.” Quackity tensed, sitting up some from his place on the bed and looking behind him. His eyes shot wide at the sight, medium sized gold feathered wings sat on his back. 

“WHAT THE HELL?!” He heard rustling somewhere else in the room, making his head shoot towards the noise. In a corner was Charlie and the other stranger, Foolish leaning against one another sleeping. But making his way towards Quackity was Sam, with guilty eyes. “W-hat is going on? Why the fuck do I have wings?” Sam sighed, sitting on Quackity’s other side, Egg, still being intrigued by his wings, was still messing with them. 

“Quackity… I think we need to talk.” The creeper hybrid spoke softly, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. 

“What do you mean?” Sam took a deep breath, looking over towards Egg who paused what they were doing. 

“Um, Quackity, you remember how your parents died… and your house burnt down…” Quackity looked grim at the mention of his parents. 

“If you're talking about how they were angels of death, then we don’t need to carry on this conversation.” The other general looked surprised, green eyes staring into his own looking to see if Quackity was joking. 

“So… you know?” the avian looked down towards his hands, balling them together as he nodded. 

“One of the men that burned my house down called us ‘Angels of Death’ and when Phil first mentioned another title the avians owned, I may have started to speculate.” Quackity paused, looking back towards his back and frowning. “Though it hurts knowing you knew and didn’t tell me.” Sam took his hand away from his shoulder after he said this, looking even more guilty. “But, I have a feeling you did it for my own safety, so I am not… totally mad at you.” Sam smiles, bringing the other into a tight hug, making sure he didn’t hurt the others new wings. “But that doesn’t explain what you did.” Quackity grumbled, leaving the hug to face the smiling person behind him. 

“Oh, I’m a god! Haven’t you heard of ‘The Egg’? You’d think you would have, since he spent some time attacking the Egg kingdom.” The avian tilted his head to the other, confused what the other meant. Egg frowned, ignoring the stare and looking over towards Foolish and Charlie. “Foolish is a god too, if you don’t believe me you will in time.” They stood up facing the two afterwards. “Now, I can’t give you the ability I want to, until you master that… avian ability. But since you’ve been suppressed on that side, it’s going to take a bit.” Quackity stood next, flaring his wings out with wide eyes. 

“Hey! The wings aren’t that hard to control!” Egg rolled their eyes. 

“Of course they aren’t, they are a part of you. They are just like your other limbs, Quackity.” The avian frowned. “Though, it is weird they are so small, maybe they still need to grow?” Quackity did notice they were smaller than Philza’s or Tommy’s. “It may be because they haven’t been able to grow properly, I guess we will see in time.” 

“Wait, you said something about an avian ability? And what do you mean you want to give me an ability?” Egg wickedly smiled at these questions. 

“Well, every avian family has a certain trait they inherit. You could have gotten your mothers or your fathers ability, depending whose genes you're more close to. And for my ‘giving you a ability’ I do with every royal of the Egg kingdom, call it a tradition if you will.”  

“But I’m not royalty.” Quackity mumbles. Egg frowns, crossing their arms in the process. 

“I’ve accepted you as one of Sapnap’s fiancees, a future king of the Egg kingdom, you are royalty, Quackity. A future legend to the kingdom.”