CHAPTER 17

Welp, I'm back already! In all honesty I haven't been able to see my grandma again since everyone is trying to see her before her pass, and I need something to do to get my mind off of the situation... So here we are! I'll keep you all posted on what's going on, if something changes but for now I am back and uploading. I noticed people putting my book in hatious (forgive me if I spelled it wrong) lists...? I probably won't be updating everyday since other not so great things are happening in my life too... But that's all I have to say! Enjoy the chapter!

Wilbur sat in the huge living room, holding Fundy on his lap, a book in hand since he seemed to have nothing better to do but read and entertain his infant son with a story. It was peaceful, something that hasn’t been in the castle lately for the family.  Someone from behind the reading brownette quickly ruffled his hair, startling the prince. He looked up to see Niki smiling down, eyes glittering with joy like usual. The sight made the male smile brightly. “Niki!” Niki and Wilbur have been friends since birth, becoming a knight was her dream and Wilbur helped the girl succeed. 

Though she grew up here much like he did, when Wilbur left to create his own kingdom she didn’t hesitate to follow, leaving her businesses in the hands of another good friend of theirs, Jack. But since they’ve been here for so long he didn’t know if the pinkette would want to go back to L’manburg. But either way if Niki was happy here and wished to stay, he would happily let her. “What's up?” Niki took a seat on one of the couches, the brownette now noticing the few bags she carried with her. “What’s with the bags?” The pinkette looked down towards the bags too, cheerfully answering her best friend as she set them down. 

“They belong to Ranboo and Tubbo! They stayed at me and Jack's hotel so I thought it would be nice to give them back to them.” Niki explained. Wilbur smiled, putting his book down. 

“Well it is a nice thought, I think they will appreciate it. They’re on the training grounds if you want to give it to them now.” Niki looked puzzled by Wilbur’s last sentence. 

“Why would they be there?” 

“Ranboo doesn’t know how to fight I guess. Technoblade had another meltdown hearing that and dragged the poor teen down there, and you know, where that tall bastard goes so does the goat man. And I guess where the goat man goes, Tommy goes because he abandoned our day of board games to join them.” The prince pouted at his last words, looking grumpy and irritated. Wilbur may seem like he’s being selfish about the situation, but Niki understood where the other was coming from. He didn’t even remember his little brother and went fourteen years without any idea a part of the family was missing, though he  always had felt like he was missing something but he always brushed it off as his mothers death. Niki laughed at the other though even if she understood these things. 

“Only you would be angry about something like that, Wil.” She laughed, though the prince next to her looked as if he was far off in his own world as she spoke. Niki frowned, reaching out as shaking his shoulder slightly. He seemed to come back to reality after that. 

“Is something else bothering you?” Wilbur shook his head, leaning back in his seat bringing his son closer to himself. Though the baby’s huge orange eyes staring at the pink haired female. Niki let her worried gaze leave her face as she made eye contact, taking the opportunity to lighten the mood. “Can I hold Fundy?” The brownette smiled at the request and nodded, passing the very awake fox hybrid over to Niki who happily smiled and held his chubby hands out for the other. A comfortable silence fell over them, though as Wilbur started closing his eyes the pinkette holding his babbling kid now spoke again. “You mentioned Techno having meltdowns?” Wilbur hummed, nodding. “What were those about?” Wilbur started laughing as he remembered. He sat up a bit, eyes reopening once again.