"Well, of course I do."

You waited for an answer. Instead, he turned around and continued to practice in the mirror. Your eyes must have bugged out of your head.

"Are you kidding me?" You raised your voice. Going to bed was the only thing you wanted to do right now, and you couldn't rest until you had your car.

Kreese stopped his training once more and turned back to face you. He held a finger in the air and smiled. "You're a pushy little girl, aren't ya? But I like that."

"I don't give a crap what you like. Can you help me, or am I just wasting my time?"

It felt as though the minutes continued to tick by. The man before you looked you up and down like you were worthless, and if anything you were wasting his time. The way he stood with such authority made you sick.

But with a sigh, he gave in and told you the address.

You don't know why he did it, but you didn't question it. Thanking him, you sprinted to the door and swung it open on its hinges.

It took all of six minutes to get to Johnny's. If you were within the speed limit, it would've been about eleven. You pulled into the driveway, and there sat your car. Opening the door, you checked to make sure your grandfather's initials were there. When you caught sight of them, you felt as though there was light at the end of the tunnel.

Speed walking to the door, you realized the walkway was illuminated by light. You looked up, taking note of the multiple lights that were on inside. Was everyone in Johnny's house awake?

You prepared yourself to take Lawrence down. When he told you the game was still on, you hadn't expected him to make a move so quickly. Had he been planning that all night? Was that why he said he was going to leave five minutes early, to get a head start? Was the hand hold and the kiss on your cheek just a con to give him an excuse to get close and hug you, reach into your bag, and swap out your keys? Was his whole plan to make things so awkward between the two of you that you wouldn't suspect him to pull a stunt like that? Was the flirting he did as a whole... just a ruse?

The adrenaline rushed to your finger tips as you raised your fist to pound on the door. Before your hand could make contact, you heard shouting from the other side. Distinct voices belonging to a middle aged man and woman could be heard.

"Sid, he's just a boy!"

"He's a boy that should know better then to stay out all night with some girl!"

"It wasn't all night, Sid! He's home now!"

"If he respected his father at all, he wouldn't have came home! End of story!"

"Sid!"

You heard a loud crash.

"You're not my father!"

You gasped when you heard Johnny yell. Although you couldn't see him, you knew that his fists were clenched at his side. His hair was probably a mess from running his hands through it. His eyes most likely pooled with tears. It hurt to know there was nothing you could do to help him...

Except knock.

You knew it was a stupid idea, but in the moment you didn't care. Your fist came crashing down on the wood, and the shouting on the other side of the door stopped. You heard heavy footsteps approaching.