XLIX: Making Amends

I never thought looking around an empty room would hurt so much. Most of my things were packed, Evelyn was nice enough if not more than willing to store my personal belongings until I decided to come back.

She insists that my energy is still conflicted and that going to England would be a mistake but also an awakening in some ways. I'm surprised at how well she is taking this whole thing, I'm pretty sure Keiko was the main reason because of this. Since the two met they've been linked in spirit mentally and in some cases physically. I will miss them, but there is just too much pain here.

Pain that I caused.

Taking a deep breath I folded the rest of my clothes and shoved them down into my duffle bag. My mind was almost content with me moving away, repeating over and over that a new adventure would be exciting.

That was until a loud unsettling sound shook my door. The first time I ignored it and continued to pack, the second time it was loud, long, and impossible to ignore.

I went to see exactly what it was that was going on in the hall only to open my door to find a spiderweb of chains on it. There was Evelyn, sporting her gothic attire, safety glasses, red lipstick with a screw in her mouth, and a drill in her hands.

"What in the actual fuck?"

"Do you know how hard it's been finding the right roommate?" Evelyn spat the nail out of her mouth. "The years I've wasted looking for the right disaster to live here and stay!"

"Evelyn," I said calmly as I witnessed this newfound horror of emotion come out of her. Watching her as she wrapped another chain-link through a slot she had spontaneously added to the door frame.

"I refuse to let you leave me stuck with filling out applications!" Evelyn continued raving and she proceeded with her handy work. "Only to be stuck with some tan blonde hottie who wears too much pink, hogs the bathroom, flushes coffee grounds down the sink which I fucking hate. Constantly talks about people magazine, blurs Miley Cyrus at four in the morning, and hoards beanie babies! explaining to me that certain ones can't be put together because they have a past...and the sad, twisted thing about that is I'm going to wanna know why."

Evelyn took a breath as I just stood there in my doorway. "Have you lost your nerve?"

It was at that moment that I swore something in her snapped. Her eye twitched just slightly before she yanked on a chain causing my door to slam shut. I sighed and pulled on the knob only to be rejected, tats when I started to panic. "Evelyn? Open the door, Evelyn!"

"No."

"I'm serious!" I said yanking on the knob. "My plane leaves in an hour!"

"You're not leaving this room.....ever!"

I ran over to my window which I knew was too high up to jump out of, but perhaps I could get crafty. Nonetheless, that idea was shut down when I couldn't raise the windows only to find nails in the seal on the other side. How in the fuck did she even put those there?

"Evelyn!" I ran back and beat on the door. "You can't keep me in here forever! I have needs you know? survival-based needs!"

"I'll feed you through the rat door."

Confused, I looked down to see a small tiny fairy-like entrance at the bottom of the door. Having no clue that it was even there...how did I miss that this whole time living here? This would also explain how Cheddars was getting into my room and chewing up random shit.

I didn't have time for this, with a deep breath I rubbed my face and yelled again. "What am I supposed to do for a bath? What if I have to pee? I gotta come out sometime."