v. highway to heaven

" Is this how the future Queen fight ?!", roared the male with a wooden sword, fighting against the weak girl.

" Is this the Queen who'll protect Aurora ?!", he attacked again.

The princess fights back harder, trying her best to avoid every attack but fail miserably.

Once again, he succeeds in attacking her shin with the wooden sword.

The attacker abruptly stops his move when she fell to the ground.

" You're weak, princess. How are you going to protect the kingdom, your people, when you can be taken down easily just in seconds.", Master Yuta said with distaste.

Heavy breathing could be heard, she looks down, did not dare to look up to those protruding eyes.

" I'm done with you for today. Tomorrow, at the same place and time. I expected you to be better than today. Lesson dismiss.", then he left the training room leaving the princess crouching down in pain.

Prince Donghyuck came running into the training room as soon as Yuta left, approaching the princess hurriedly. He had stayed for the night as he said that the princess owes him a sleepover which he just made it up cause he was lazy to travel back to Apollo.

" I'm so sorry for you.", he whispered.

He lifts her up in a bridal style with ease to bring her to her bedroom carefully.

She instantly sobs in his embrace, could not hold it any longer, she broke down her walls.

As soon as they reached her room, he tells all her maids to stay outside and give them some privacy. The maids obey his orders and stay outside anxiously just in case they are needed.

Then he laid her gently on the comfy bed, quickly taking out the first aid kit from her bathroom. He treats her wounds and bruises delicately. She winces once in a while when the antiseptic touches her skin, it burns. After finish treating her, he wipes the tears on her cheeks with his light yellowish handkerchief.

" W-why are you still here?", she asked between croaks and sniffs.

" I was about to leave after breakfast, but I want to say goodbye to you first since I didn't see you when I woke up. Then, I found you groaning in pain in the training room.", he held her hands both in his, rubbing small circles, trying to calm her sobs.

" Master Yuta really torture you a lot. I'm too scared to even greet him.", he let out a dry chuckle.

" I hate this, Donghyuck. Please make it stop. I do not want to be a queen! ", she pleaded.

" I am so sorry that I couldn't do anything to make it stop.", he looked at her with pity.

" But I promise you, everything will end soon. We will take the highway to heaven and escape all this pain. I promise you Areum.", he kissed the back of her hand.

*****

          The princess woke up at dusk after being lulled to sleep by a mesmerizing lullaby by Prince Donghyuck. He left in the afternoon after being informed that he was needed in the castle immediately.

Areum stretches out a bit before going out of her bed, her body still sore from all the rough training. Her body felt sticky, so she decided to strip and took a warm bath with the help of her maids. After that, dinner has been served in her room. She took only small bites of it and decides to call it a night.

She wonders,

How much pain does she need to endure more?

How long till she finally gets a break free?

Until when she can stay strong?

But the only thing that matters is she needs to trust in Donghyuck's words, the promise.