iv. replay

𝓐𝓻𝓮𝓾𝓶'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

Nobody knows how I got here. Nobody cared for my dream.

I am on my way back to the Aurora Kingdom with my parents. It is already midnight when the meeting ends. My mind wanders back to the heated argument the royals had. I wince at the bitter memory.

I wish I were never there to bear the pain.

F L A S H B A C K  /  /  /

I went back inside the meeting room along with Prince Jaemin trailing behind me - after catching up on each other - getting back into my designated seat. Then, my father starts to open about passing the throne to me; making me the Queen of Aurora.

" A princess can not be a ruler! ", objected the King of Leo Kingdom.

" A princess can not rule a kingdom all by herself!", argued the King of Snow Kingdom.

" True! She needs to get married then.", said the King of Apollo Kingdom.

" A kingdom must be ruled by a king! This is not a Queendom! ", said another king.

" She's too young. Too naive to be given such a task as ruling a kingdom! "

"How can a princess protect her kingdom when there's war?!"

Those words echoed in my head giving me a headache. I am so sick of this feminism. It is not my decision to have this kind of fate. Thankfully, Donghyuck was sitting just right beside me. He let me squeeze his hand tight during the brawl, felt pity towards me having to deal with all these unwanted arguments by myself. He cannot argue back those assumptions even though he desires to. He was the only one who understands my feeling towards being the future Queen of Aurora and I hate it. I wish everything were just a dream, a nightmare.