i. take off

          RAIN suffocates the entire Aurora Kingdom. It has been a while since the last time they enjoyed the cloud's tears. The rare occasion put them at ease after a long dreadful drought. Hurriedly, they collect the raindrops with various sizes and types of buckets they could find. Who knows when the last time they will be blessed with water?

Amid the uproar, stand an icy princess - clad in light blue - near the castle's big window situated in the royal library. Staring the rain outside while her mind goes wildly elsewhere. 

Closing her eyes whilst enjoying the exquisite sound of the droplets of rains in the background, imagining things like freedom; flying wingless while the wind blows.

A faint knock on the door echoes through the library.

" My apologies Princess Areum, the king and queen wishes to see you at the dining area. ", her maid sudden appearance broke her trance away.

She gives her a slight nod and follows.

The castle's interior was decorated with gold embellishments and the colour of champagne pink, the royal's colour. The colour that only the Aurora kingdom's only princess despises.

She bows down greeting her dear parents before settling in a seat across the queen. Hot jasmine tea has been served along with assortments of pastries on the table but none of them excites the princess.

" Tonight, the Aurora kingdom will go for a meeting with the other kingdoms at Neo city and you, of course, my daughter, will be coming along as the future heir. ", the king spoke.

" You need to start taking notes and learn how to attend meetings like this to rule Aurora in the future, and I'm sure you'll obey my order. ", her father spoke again.

She only gave him the silent nod of an agreement while sipping her now warm tea.

" I want you to wear the official royal dress, the Aurora dress. not any of those blue dresses you are fond of. Do you understand? ", the queen said sternly.

" Yes, Mother. "

" You may leave the hi-tea now and be prepared for grooming ", the king excused her. 

          I let out another sigh after arriving in my bedroom, letting my maids peel off my light blue evening dress from my body while some were getting ready to run me a warm bath. An elegant champagne pink dress was laid out along with a few accessories for the royal meeting tonight. The more I look at it, the more it seems like the dress is mocking me.

While taking a bath, I look at my self-reflection, looking at my hair; its peachy-pink falling flawlessly off my shoulder.

Curse this soulmate thingy.

I used to have very beautiful long golden blonde hair just like my parents, but as soon as the old grandfather clock strikes 12 at midnight on my 18th birthday, my hair turns into shades of pink. I was utterly shocked upon waking up the next morning. thinking if it was another prank that my cousin was throwing.

After learning about the soulmate bond, I was beyond devastated. I would bawl out tears after tears every night before going to sleep. It feels like the universe hates me that much with not only making pink as the royal colour but also giving me a pink head soulmate.

Honestly, living the life of a princess was never easy and will never be. I had to show my perfect smiles to my people. I must hide all those sadness and pain away, greet them with an elegant wave top off with a spread of love. Show them what a lovely and loving Aurora princess I am.

Although I love my people dearly, it can be tiring at times to fake my bubbly happy smiles around them when all I want to do is take off to somewhere unknown, perhaps to the magical forest?