Chapter 6

John, Greg, Mycroft, Molly, and just about everybody Sherlock knew- had known were just outside his hospital room, talking about what to do.

"He's a normal bloke now, he probably would never want to go back to... to that." Sally whispered.

Anderson nodded and grimaced, though he was quite happy that he wouldn't be called out by Holmes, the gloom for the past 6 months was quite obvious to everyone. John was okay, but he wasn't.. Wasn't Sherlock.

He woke up in an unfamiliar place, which he thought, no deduced(?) was a hospital. He was confused, as he did not know who he or anybody was, yet he possessed spectacular intelligence. He realized his thoughts were neatly organized, and he fell into deep thought as he explored this "castle" in his head

John peeked into the room, expecting him to be sleeping, but instead saw him with his brow furrowed, and his hands steepled under his chin. He jumped, an pointed into the room to signal the others, and they all excitedly, but slowly walked in.

He explored the endless rooms, terrified of what lied in them. The childhood bullying (he wasn't going to tell anybody about that, seeing that he had a whole hallway dedicated to "personal" secrets) the name calling, bullying. But what really turned his stomach is the drug use. Cocaine, marijuana, heroin, and about every drug there was. He walked out feeling a bit sick, and looked at the next two, large rooms, neatly labeled John and Greg. He was about to go in but he heard the sounds of walking.

Sherlock jumped up, wild eyed as they all quietly shuffled in. When he saw Sally and Anderson, his he whimpered and tried backing away as far as he could on the hospital be.

They came for him, he remembered seeing them in the name calling room. He found out he apparently worked with him and frequently insulted him. The thing was, in all of the rooms almost half of the pictures were blank, and rooms were quickly disappearing, and he couldn't remember anything from those. What if they were now friends? He couldn't take any chances

Greg watched the usually calm (well, calm when he was with them, it had been a while) Sherlock whimper at Sally and Phillip. He sighed and told them to leave. "But why?"

"Because he's bloody terrified of you!" He half shouted, making all of them jump.

They nodded and walked out of the door, grumbling.

"L-lestrade, J-john." He weakly said and pointed to both of them, hands shaking.

The John one looked surprised, as did the GavinGrahamGreg?

"You remember us?"

He rubbed his temples. "Not exactly, I mean this castle, or something in my head had rooms for you, but they are all fading away. I don't remember anything else about you or anything really about my past, just your names. They were large rooms though, so I expect I hold you two in high regards."

John and Lestrade both looked at him with surprise.

"What I don't understand, is why I can't remember my past, yet I remember how to speak, and things I have learned. Must have been a bloody terrible amnesia."

"L-lestrade, J-john." John heard Sherlock weakly say, as he pointed to both of them, hands shaking.

They both looked at each other, surprised, along with Molly and Mycroft

"You remember us?" John gently asked

Sherlock rubbed his head. "Not exactly, I mean this castle, or something in my head had rooms for you, but they are all fading away. I don't remember anything else about you or anything really about my past, just your names. They were large rooms though, so I expect I hold you two in high regards."

Mind palace...

John stared at him, surprised and secretly pleased.

"What I don't understand, is why I can't remember my past, yet I remember how to speak, and things I have learned. Must have been a bloody terrible amnesia."

He snorted, and they all started laughing, even Mycroft.

"But honestly, who are you?" Sherlock asked Mycroft.

John started giggling. "He remembers his flatmate, but of course not his brother."