30

-CHAPTER THIRTY-
OPHELIA

I wiped the sweat off my forehead for what felt the millionth time as I looked up at the screen again.

I had been sitting in the computer lab for about 20 minutes now, and had contemplated my motives more than 35 times. It didn’t seem wrong, it just seemed… not of any of my business. But then again, the curious worm of mine was eating me alive, practically begging me to open Chrome.

So that’s exactly what I did. I fed the worm. I closed my eyes, and clicked the button. Chrome popped up on the screen and I looked around again to make sure I was alone in the lab. It was Gym period, and I made an excuse to the coach about how intense pain I was in due to my menstrual cycle and that it was best if I rested in the nurse’s room, and then I came here.

To snoop around.

Last night, when it was around 1 in the morning, I was roaming around in the hallways like a ghost because sleep hadn't graced me yet. I couldn’t find anything interesting to do, even Tony had to sleep early since he had an important meeting the next day, so I really had nothing to do.

Or so I thought when my ears had perked up at the faint voice behind Nico’s closed bedroom door. If it hadn’t been for the pin drop silence in the hallway, I wouldn’t have caught it.

“Mm hmm, okay. And where did you drop her,” Nico murmured as I lightly rested my ear against the door, trying to listen in. “Okay, that’s good. No one really goes around there anymore so she’ll be safe,” he replied back to the other person and I patiently waited.

“Name? Why,” he asked with irritation. Nico sighed after a minute, “Fine. But only because Blake told to okay?” A quiet voice from the other side of the phone spoke after which Nico replied, “Jessica Spade. And don’t worry. No one will ever be able to find her body again. Blake and I made sure of it.”

I swear I had never run that fast in my entire life.

Body? Never be able to find her body again? I knew exactly what it meant, but I still refused to believe that I’d actually heard that. Why would my brothers dispose a body? Why would they be involved in such a gore act? Where they all involved, or just Blake and Nico? 

I knew neither would answer my questions, and I didn’t think it would’ve been wise to go to the others about this, and telling Diana or even Tony felt wrong. This was something personal, and though they were both a very important part of my life, I didn’t think telling them was right. 

So I came to the one place which could quench my curiosity without getting me in trouble. The school computer lab.

I clicked the keys and hit the search button, patiently waiting for the results which when came on, were definitely not something I could’ve ever been ready for. 

Jessica Spade, socialite and music producer, has been missing for over a week now with her last whereabouts unknown to everyone who was questioned. The last Spade was seen was on chilly evening of November 30, Saturday when she was seen on the Ace Street retuning home via a street camera. However, statements from Spade’s doorman suggest that she never really reached home, causing speculation as to where Spade went.

Contact the given number if you have information on Jessica Spade.

Jessica Spade. The missing girl. The girl who was dead but no one knew except my brothers. And me. I took in a shaky breath and saw another name. Virginia Spade. I clicked on the blue link and another page opened, which had information about Virginia’s relationship with Jessica, her daughter, and how she was on the Board of Morgenstern & Corp.

Morgenstern & Corp.

Sebastian’s company. My brother’s company. My family’s company. 

I fell out of the chair as my legs gave out, a hand on my chest, unsuccessfully trying to calm my racing heart. My brothers were involved in something dangerous, something I have never witnessed about in real life and I didn’t know what to do. 

More sweat tricked down my throat. My brothers, my sweet childish Blake, a kidnapper and a killer? 

I breathed in more deeply and closed my eyes, resting my head in between my knees. 

My brothers. Kidnappers and killers.

Who even were they? I thought I had begun to get an idea. And I realised I couldn’t have been more wrong. 

-
ahhakfksjdkfjf we're getting closer to the darker part of the story you guys.

also, i have an announcement to make.

soon, i will be releasing another book as an extra for the Morgenstern Series, a one shots book if you will, which will give povs of different characters in different situations, let's say lucas' pov on when he found out about tony and lia.

yeekfjdhf im so excited to start this fhfhfhhfjf.