25

-CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE-

If someone had told Tony that he would be sneaking around with his bosses’ sister, he would’ve happily smacked them in the face. But it was the truth, and no one could do anything about it. 

Thinking about earlier that day, when she was right there in his bedroom, moaning into his mouth and tugging at his hair, Tony was having a difficult time believing that it was all real, and not a part of his imagination. 

When he had come back to New York, the last thing he had expected was ending up crushing on a 16 year old. Romance had been off his list, since his main goal was to secure a permanent job at Morgenstern & Corp. Ending up with crushing on someone, someone… forbidden, wasn't even on his list.

But Tony had wanted to kiss those lips the moment he saw them, and he had wanted to hold her again the second he had let go on the staircase. Hearing her voice was the first thing he wanted in the morning and the last thing he wanted at night before going to bed. He wanted to read her favorite books to her and he wanted her to read his favorite books to him. He didn’t know or care if she already had someone else, he wanted her. And when she had mentioned another boy, he couldn’t help himself. 

He kissed her, showed her what she could have and prayed to any supernatural powers listening. Him. Make her want to choose him. And she did. Before she left, she kissed him on the mouth one final time for the day, promising to end whatever she had barely begun to have with the other boy so she could be with him. 

They would’ve have to hide it for the sake of her brothers and Tony’s neck, but if hiding within these four walls was what it took for Tony to have her, then he would gladly take it. 

Second of December was a disaster for some people but a blessing for others.

Elijah was part of the former.

“But why,” Elijah asked, his voice small and broken. Ophelia couldn’t tell him why, for two reasons. One, she didn’t want to break his heart more than she already had, and two, she knew he would tell the twins, maybe even Lucas about ‘why’. 

Instead she smiled sadly, “I can’t tell you that Elijah.” Elijah’s face held the look of heartbreak, and Ophelia’s own heart lurched at seeing his face. She didn’t want to hurt him, but being with him instead of telling the truth would’ve eventually hurt him even more. 

“Elijah, look at me,” she said in a small voice, and a few moments later he did. His eyes were slightly red from holding back tears and his posture more rigid than before. “You deserve to be with someone who can see themselves falling in love with you,” she confessed. She had realized the night before that she couldn’t see herself falling in love with Elijah. She could only see Tony, and whatever they had to give to each other, was going to be more than enough. 

“And you don’t… see yourself falling in love with me,” he asked, his voice hoarse. Ophelia gave him a small sad smile and shook her head. “Is there someone else Lia?” She couldn’t help but freeze. Elijah leaned in, “You can tell me Lia. I’m your friend first. I won’t tell your brothers, I promise.” 

She looked like down for a moment to contemplate. It was true, he was her friend first. And she did trust him, although not totally, so she decided to slip up only a little. “Yes.”

Elijah smiled softly, “Does he make you happy?” Does he make you happier than I do?

A smile automatically crossed Ophelia’s face as she remembered the little amount of time she had spent with Tony. Those little hours, minutes even, had been more than enough than any other boy who had given her.

“Yes. Yes he does.” Happier than you do. 

Elijah kept the fake smile on his face, though the words that came out of his mouth were true enough, “Well he better does. Or else I’m going to have to kick his ass.” Ophelia looked at Diana, who was busy listening to her boyfriend talk about the basketball match they had seen the weekend before, and Ophelia smiled. “You’d have to get in line.” 

That night when a knock came from Tony’s bedroom window, a smile automatically rested on his lips as he made his way to the window.

He didn’t give her a second to even speak or breathe as he took her face in his hands and kissed her deeply on the mouth. When Tony pulled away, Ophelia’s eyes remained closed for one good minute before opening, pure bliss evident in her eyes. 

“How did it go,” he asked anxiously and she smiled a little, “Better than I expected. I didn’t want to break his heart but…” Tony hugged her tightly, his chin resting on her head as her face rested on his chest. “I know, love. I know.” 

She didn’t spend the night over, neither were ready for such a step, but for the time they were together, Tony taught her to bake cookies, the chocolate chips ones since they were her favorite. Their time in the kitchen ended up with them covered in flour and chocolate chips as the cookies sat warmly in the oven, ready to eat. 

And while they were baking the cookies, or messing around with the flour or kissing each other on the mouth even though both were covered in cookie ingredients, Ophelia didn’t miss the skating rink, and she didn’t miss the stars.

The warmth in Tony’s smile, and the sparkle in his eyes had been more than enough to keep her warm and safe. And she knew, when Tony kissed her goodnight for the last time for the day, she’d give up the stars and their glimmer just for a glimpse of smile on his face.

-
sooooo, was this chapter good or no?

do i sense any change in the teams from any sides??

im so excited to share the next few chapters with you guys yeeeeeeeeee.