17

-CHAPTER SEVENTEEN-

The silence in the room was too deafening and suffocating, and Tony wanted nothing more than to strangle himself with the wire that connected the laptop with the socket.

He was shivering, not from the cold but from what he had witnessed mere hours ago. The hot cup of cocoa didn’t help in calming his nerves. The thought of a certain silver eyed beauty did.

It astonished and horrified Tony as to how he could think of his boss’ sister at this time, the same boss who had just killed someone without any hesitation in the streets of New York City. 

Tony tried to ignore the warmth in his stomach caused by thinking about Ophelia, just like he had tried to ignore the thoughts he had been having about her. It was not ethical of him to have sinful thoughts about a girl who was most probably four years his junior. It was not ethical of him to have sinful thoughts. Period.

He gulped down the cocoa under his boss’ watchful eyes and quietly put it on the glass table in front of him. He didn’t dare to meet Blake’s eyes, but he knew he had to do it some time. So he slowly looked up and saw Blake leaning against the only desk in the large dim office.

“You warm enough,” his boss asked in a rough voice, but his tone seemed worried. “Yes, sir,” Tony mumbled, afraid to speak. “Hmm.” Blake moved to the fireplace in front of Tony and leaned against its wall, looking into Tony’s eyes like a hawk. 

“How much did you see,” the worried tone was replaced by a stone cold one, and Tony understood better than to lie. “Enough,” Tony replied shortly. “Don’t be smart with me Anthony,” Blake almost growled. “When I ask you a question, I need a proper answer, am I understood?” 

Tony noticed the faint German accent in Blake’s tongue, something he had never heard before. “I… I saw one of your men say that he n-needed to stop stalling. He asked something but when the guy didn’t r-reply properly, you…” Tony couldn’t say it. 

The words were on the tip of his tongue, but they burnt his tongue, as if it was a forbidden truth he was never allowed to speak of to anyone ever again. And as Tony felt tears streaming down his face, he realized that this is what he was to adhere to. 

Don’t speak of it to anyone, remove it from your memory. 

He cried harder but silently and didn’t notice when Blake had wrapped his arms around his shoulders, resting Tony’s face on his shoulder. Blake offered no words of comfort, but Tony was surprised to find the embrace more than enough. 

Minutes later, when Tony had finally regained himself, Blake pulled back from the hug and held Tony’s face with his hands.

Looking dead into his eyes, Blake said in a dark voice, “I need you to understand that if you ever squeak a word about what you saw tonight to anyone, you will not live to see the next day. Am I understood, Anthony?” 

Tony nodded furiously, but Blake’s voice darkened, “Words, Anthony.” Tony swallowed thickly, “I understand, sir.” Blake let go. He stood up and went over to the desk, “Hunter will show you to one of the guest rooms. Rest, go to sleep. Do not leave the room until you’re escorted or I assure you the consequences will not be light. We will talk tomorrow. Goodnight Anthony.” 

Tony shivered lightly at Blake’s harsh tone again, already dreading their awaiting conversation.

-
give my boy a break he just witnessed a murder oof.

im so hungry and angry.

im hangry.

being a girl sucks yaar, especially when you're as moody as when you're on your period and the fact that you're not going to have for another 13 days doesn't help ughhhhhhh.

anyway, double update? or no? cause i just realised this chapter is veryyy short.