chp. 12 - all valley ~ part 1

Malia stood next to her boyfriend watching Miguel aggressively punch the air, "Yo Miguel, calm down man. Save some for the tournament."

Miguel glanced at them then continued aggressively punching the air. Aisha bumped Hawk's arm "Hey, don't even bother. He's been super aggro ever since the breakup." Malia and Hawk looked back at Miguel again, Malia with a twinge of guilt feeling she was semi-responsible for their breakup in some way even though she knew she wasn't.

"Where's sensei? The tournaments gonna start soon." Hawk asked, "don't worry, he'll be here." Malia answered.

"I don't know about that." The three's heads snapped towards Bert.

"What are you talking about?" Aisha asked.

"I saw him last night at the mini-mall. I was buying... a carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot yelling..."

"Well why didn't you tell us this earlier?" Aisha snapped. Malia and Hawk exchanged looks concerned.

"I don't know. I guess I'm used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big a deal."

"Well we're here and he's not. So it's officially a big deal. What if something happened to him?" Hawk said angrily at Bert.

"Like what?" Bert retaliated.

"Like he drove his car off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out." Hawk answered.

"No. Sensei would never kill himself. It's too pussy of a move." Aisha added.

"Point is Bert, he's probably lying in a ditch somewhere so we are gonna have to do this without him." Malia interjected.

"Do what without me?"

Miguel, Malia, Hawk, Aisha, and Bert all turned to see Sensei Lawrence approaching them.

"Sensei."

"You're here," Malia mumbled thankful he wasn't dead.

"We didn't think you were gonna show up." Hawk stated.

"I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight."

"Alright. Let's sign up." Miguel said impatiently.

"Not yet. There's one more lesson I have to teach you."

°°°
Malia and Hawk stood in a circle with their fellow Cobra Kai students, Sensei began to circle the interior of their circle as Hawk slipped his hand in Malia's.

"You've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers. I taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do. But I haven't taught you the third rule of Cobra Kai. No mercy."

Malia felt Hawk's grip strengthen.

"The older you get the more your gonna learn, that life isn't fair. You wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth. You get an F on a test you get suspended. You fall in love with a girl, and some other dude comes and steals her away. Car gets set on fire. Just when you think things are going good, everything falls apart. That's how it goes. Life shows no mercy, so neither should we. We do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. We do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. We do whatever it takes to win. Remember who you are. You're badass! You don't give a shit! You kick ass! You're Cobra Kai."

The group radiated with confidence.

"COBRA KAIIII!" Miguel yelled.

"YEAHHH" Everyone followed pumping their fists, Malia feeling ready to take the tournament on.