chp. 9 - golf 'n stuff

The teens were becoming quite good at karate quite quickly. Currently they sat on the dojo mat stretching.

"I need somewhere romantic, but not too romantic." Miguel debated with Malia, Aisha, and Hawk. He had recently asked Sam out on a date and didn't know where to take her. Aisha rolled her eyes. Malia just sat with one leg out leaning and stretching out.

"You could take her to get tattoos." Says Hawk like it's the best idea in the world.

Malia and Aisha laugh.

"What?" Asks Miguel confused.

Hawk stood up and began to untie his gi.

"I know a guy, just hooked me up with this bad boy."

Hawk turns around and with his gi down to reveal a giant tattoo of a hawk with a blue mohawk on his back.

"Oh shit." Goes Miguel, at the same time Malia responds with a "holy shit."

Aisha laughs, "that is badass."

"Right? Fourteen hours in the chair." He flexed in the mirror, Malia tried not to pay attention to his abs but she couldn't help it, he was ripped.

"Wait. Are your parents ok with that?"  Aisha asked cautiously.

Malia's eyes widened, now that was a answer she wanted to hear.

"Oh, they have no idea. Definitely gonna have to wear a tshirt until college. Probably longer. Please don't tell them." A little Eli poked out for a second, it was cute. Malia still feeling the sense of shock, sat watching him put his gi back on and sit back down.

"Uh.... any other suggestions?" Miguel asks returning the conversation back to Sam.

"Don't look at me. Sam and I used to be friends. We're not anymore." Aisha says.

"Ok but I need your help."

"Fine um I know that she likes chocolates and astronomy."

"Thanks,"

He looks at Malia.

"Any other suggestions?"

"I mean I don't know Sam very well."

"Well, think of it this way, if you were in her position what would you like?" Miguel said shrugging.

"Well..." Malia saw Hawk in the corner of her eye watching her, "make her feel special and umm do something fun, don't do something that's not memorable."

"Got it. Special and memorable. I can work with that."

"Banned? What are you talking about?" The group heard Johnny yell.

Miguel gets up and jogs to his office leaving the three in confusion.

"I can't believe he's going out with Sam." Aisha said turning to Malia.

"I know." Malia said back.

"I hope it works out... for Miguel's sake." Aisha finishes.

"Agreed, he's been pining after her for months, he deserves this." Malia replies and stretches grabbing her foot.

"Hey Mal so I was thinking we could go to golf n stuff and the arcade tonight," Hawk says casually joining in.

"Tonight?" She turned to him.

"Yea, I invited Demetri earlier to see if he could go with us but he was busy."

"How'd you know I would say yes?"

"Aren't you?" Malia's mouth curled into a smile.

"Yea," she said letting out a laugh.

Aisha suddenly kicked her hard.