Garlic, Bee, Pole

Well, hello there. This one isn't sweet, but it's short. ◉‿◉

I wrote about six months ago for a challenge my best friend naho2209 gave me: I had to write something with the words garlic, bee and pole in it. Hence the title ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Hope you enjoy.
(。•̀ᴗ-)✧

...

The aroma of seasoned garlic filtered through the kitchen vents. It smelled good, and it probably tasted even better, but I didn't have time for a sandwich. I was running late. Practically feeling the hands of the clock moving, I ran to the entrance and stopped to grab my coat. It was a little cold, and I couldn't bear it when my hands froze to the point of being unable to move.

I left the inn, and as soon as I stepped onto the pavement I felt my boots plunge into a pool of dirty water. Great. I looked at my shoes, shaking them a bit to remove the dirt that had stuck to them, then I started walking again, or rather, running.

Night classes were a pain in the shin, but it was something I had to do if I wanted to transfer schools. Fortunately the community college was relatively close to the inn, so I was able to get there just in time. I walked into the classroom, after drying my feet and putting my coat on the rack. I walked to my usual seat, clutching the books to my chest and shaking my head when I felt an annoying buzzing noise. God, I hope it's not a bee. I'm allergic to bees. I took a deep breath and decided to relax. It couldn't be a bee, there were no trees around here, and I honestly doubt anyone in this hole in town is a beekeeper.

Three hours later I was walking at my normal pace back to the inn. Maybe I could eat some of that gazpacho, but to be honest, I would eat anything right now. I pulled my right hand out of one of my coat pockets to reach for my phone. I had a few missed calls, most from my brother, but none from my mom.

Sighing, I put the phone back. There were only a few streets to go to the hostel, so I picked up my pace a bit, feeling the pain of blisters caused by this afternoon's race. I turned the corner that left me a few doors from my temporary accommodation, but stopped as I passed the pole that illuminated that part of the street. It was blinking, like it was two days ago, like it was a week ago.

They said they were going to fix it, but of course they didn't. Nobody cared about what happened in this town, or the people in it. Not even my own mother.

Sighing, I entered the inn. I put my coat on the rack and walked straight to my room. I took off my boots and placed them next to the bed, and without even changing my clothes, I threw myself on it. I would eat that gazpacho tomorrow.

...

Thank you for reading. (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.).

Feel free to leave a vote and a comment.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧