17. Sterilizing

❝ sterilizing ❞━ DOMENICO ━

❝ sterilizing ❞
━ DOMENICO ━

"Oggi è il giorno del 'Punto una pistola in faccia ad Angel'? (Is today 'Point a Gun in Angel's face' day?)" The sound of my brother's voice snaps me from the red that blurred my vision. I hold the gun in his direction for a moment longer before tucking it in my waistband with an annoyed sigh.

"Why do you always choose to show up unannounced, fratello?"

He shrugs and makes a beeline for the tray of drinks further in the living room, passing Farrah whose jaw hasn't closed since I revealed one of the many guns in my penthouse.

"Makes the moment more exciting. Plus I have a key." He pours out a glass of whiskey, filling it to the brim before turning to the same woman who's frozen on the floor. "Oh, you're familiar. Didn't know you had company tonight, Dom."

I roll my eyes at his antics, "What is it you want?"

"You're bleeding." Are Farrah's first words since Angel entered. Oh yeah. Blood is splattered on his face and all over his clothes but I know half of it isn't even his.

He shrugs, "Most of it isn't mine."

"Most?"

I clear my throat and step closer to Farrah with a pensive look on my face.

Angel takes this time to lift his shirt and reveal a stab wound to add to his collection, "This one is though." He downs his alcohol, "Fucking bastard thought he could get out of his debt."

"Oh shit." Farrah mumbles under her breath and I can tell she's trying not to freak out. Unfortunately, that isn't the case because I can see the gears turning in her head.

I want to take the time and try to calm her down but Angel seems to have taken the moment for himself. He's already drunk.

"I'm in the middle of something." One would expect me to be more sympathetic to his plight but this isn't his first time showing up at my doorstep, bleeding. I could even argue that it started in his teen years.

"Wh -" The odd sound that comes from Farrah's mouth brings my attention to her. Her eyes are wide in disbelief, "He's bleeding."

"I understand that, amore, but he'll be fine. He knows how to handle himself." I assure her and watch as Angel stumbles down the hall with the remaining whiskey in his grasp.

The look of pure confusion on her face is enough to make me realize what she's about to do. Without another word, she pushes past me and follows after my brother.