✧.* epilogue

"hasn't it been exactly 400 years now?" jihye asked as she greedily gulped her drink down

"hasn't it been exactly 400 years now?" jihye asked as she greedily gulped her drink down. setting the bottle upon the tea table, she turned to her now-lover for an answer.

taeyong answered cutely. his expression one of blissful smiles, eyes scrunched up into a crescent, "yep, it has. a long time." he picked up his drink, taking a neat sip out of the glass he had brought for the occasion.

"damn. 4 centuries," jihye muttered at the event, "also, what the fuck is that drink? it smells like blood but I sincerely doubt it's that simple of a drink."

"it is blood but like, mixed with other things. probably expensive as hell. don't know," he shrugged, leisurely swirling the drink. his eyes were fixed upon the occasional pink blob within it. he hadn't figured out what it was exactly but he knew it was blood, saved for special occasions such as this. and after questioning the exact cost from an older vampire during one of the visits he had taken to the other base, he never dared to take it out of the storage unless it was indeed a special occasion.

jihye let out a rough scoff towards his comment, "rich. too rich. give me some of your money please."

"one, you are not broke. two, I'm not even that rich- not compared to some of the other vampires that actually set up businesses and were like, nobles or royalty before they were vampires. three- actually, there's no three," taeyong told her, brushing off his own achievements without much thought.

"shut up taeyong. you have more money that I'll ever have and don't compare yourselves to those," she lectured briskly. taking a short pause, a breath, she continued, "hell, you took me on a shopping spree in literally the most expensive store in cazelle and I'm pretty sure I would've gone broke from that. I didn't even know it was that expensive-"

"well be happy then. you don't even wear that stuff anyways. someday, let me pick the clothes you wear," taeyong grumbled in complaint, though he knew he would rather have bought it for her than having not.

jihye smirked at his demands, carelessly leaning back against the sofa where they always sat, "and you're going to end up buying me a whole ass designer wardrobe because it doesn't fit your style-"

"shut up, I won't," taeyong defended himself protectively. despite so, he knew what she was saying was the truth.

it had been 3 months since they had officially started dating, though they refused to call each other girlfriend or boyfriend. they had been together long enough to know each other's habits. for example, taeyong's spending habits that weren't particularly safe for one who wasn't well, a vampire, though at least he didn't go out so much. while jihye, taeyong found that she tended to be stubborn. if the vampire told her to go back home after he found her wandering the park or in general, the streets, at night, she wouldn't.

"oh by the way, never said this but, happy birthday," jihye almost soundlessly whispered towards taeyong, eyes fluttering close before she snapped back to reality