✧.* R

jihye didn't expect to see taeyong out so early

jihye didn't expect to see taeyong out so early. or rather, so late. but then again, he was a vampire. it wasn't common for her to come to the park at this time. cazelle was alive. always. as much as she told herself to avoid this place, scared of being attacked again, she couldn't.

"it's 1am, why are you out?" taeyong asked jihye as she approached him.

the girl bit her lip, shifting in her thick winter coat, "uh, I needed fresh air. you know-" she didn't know what to say to taeyong. he made her speechless. the urge to find the perfect words, perfect sentences was so strong yet the task was so difficult.

"it's dangerous out here at night. vampires are everywhere at night, looking for a victim," taeyong lectured her before shoving her towards where he knew her home was, "go home."

"it's ok taeyong. stop worrying about me," jihye tried to reassure him but he wasn't taking it. she was an adult. she had lived among vampires for years, unknowingly, and she was still taking breaths.

taeyong refused to let go of her, to let her wander the park in peace. he hated to admit it but he didn't want to lose her to the other vampires in the area. he couldn't be careless with her anymore because she wasn't just a human that idiotically wandered the park, she was his potential lover.

right now, he wasn't the taeyong that all the vampires knew. he wasn't the cold-hearted vampire who everybody was frightened of. he was just taeyong. just himself, a caring, nice person. one that wouldn't dare to hurt others.

"I told you. go back home. don't stay here. vampires come here all the time," taeyong warned her once again, hoping she would choose to go back. yet after a pause that seemed like an eternity,

"vampires like you?" jihye said in a muted voice as she turned to look at taeyong before finally sitting down on the bench they were next to.

taeyong followed her soundlessly to the bench. jihye's mouth was shut, but it seemed as if she would say more.

"aren't you a vampire? why are you telling me to leave if-" jihye fought back. she wasn't often like this but taeyong's mother instincts were beginning to piss her off. yet she didn't get to finish her sentence when taeyong abruptly stood up from the bench, standing above her with an intimidating aura.

"I am, jihye. you want me to hurt you? I can do that. you want me to kill you? I can do that. don't underestimate me just because I'm not hurting you," taeyong lectured, eyes flashing red as he squatted down to be at the same level as jihye.

jihye didn't looked fazed as she stared into the terrifying crimson red irises. yes, she was indeed scared but she didn't show it. gulping anxiously, the girl looked down at her feet in hopes of a distraction but taeyong's cold hand gripped her chin as he forced her to look into his eyes.

"but you won't hurt me," jihye responded, the slightest shake in her tone. she didn't know where those words can come from, yet she felt truth in them.