✧.* prologue

eternity is a long time

eternity is a long time. not only was it a very long time but it was endless. there was no sign of a wall blocking your path as you walked. yet that was the life lee taeyong lived.

how many years had it been? a hundred? no, more. yes, four hundred sounded about right. four hundred years since he had been born and breathed his first breath.

when he was young, death sounded scary. it felt like a reminder that the fun of life was going to come to an end soon, that there was no way he could smile like this forever.

but he's not young anymore. he's not the young boy who could wander the halls of his home with the other children anymore. why? because he's not human anymore and death didn't scare him anymore. death felt like a gift now. living for eternity was a curse disguised as a gift that he felt as if he would never truly embrace.

every single day was a dull cycle of the same thing. there was no thrill that rushed through his veins because he wasn't scared anymore. he could do whatever he wanted and there weren't any stupid rules to break anymore.

and death felt like the only way out of the ceaseless, identical days.

but what if somebody came and lightened his life up?

park jihye was quite the bright one. she was adventurous and she didn't care whether there was a rule against this and that.

she wasn't young, nor was she old. being a college graduate, there was nothing that interested her. her major was the typical business major and there wasn't anything she could do with it that felt like something that attracted her. so, she worked with what she could until she could find something that intrigued her.

her life was boring yet she wanted thrill. she wanted something that could light her world up for her. she wanted something out of ordinary, something that was different from the skyscrapers that lit up the dim night sky; from the picture perfect fountains that sat in the middle of cut bushes.

everything about her life was quite frankly in black and white. she just needed somebody to color it.

short prologue- but i rly like jihye here-

and uh i probs won't be updating this for a while- only the prologue is written but lets see-

please note that the pictures used in all dividers except for the "color me", author's note, all dividers in author's note are not mine