Chapter 2

"NO WAY!! NO WAY!! IM NOT GOING TO CLOUD, STRICT ASS, MORALS AND RULES HELL HOLE!!!" Jin Ling raged, stomping around the grounds of Koi Tower, throwing his hands in the air.

Just minutes before, Jin Ling's world had been completely turned upside down with the news that he would be leaving the only home he'd ever known, for the place he hated most. All of those rules. It was so many rules, not to mention that creep Mo Xuanyu.

' Life was meant for living, and rules were meant for breaking. ' That was the motto Jin Ling had come up with for himself, when he was young, so he could be like all the other kids whose parents gave them life advice.

There was no way he was going to survive in that place. He was also enraged at the fact that he couldn't run his sect on his own. It was his after all, he was the last of the bloodline, all he needed was a bit of training.

"But no." Jin Ling whined.

"Uncle couldn't bother to spare me one damn second to teach me how to fulfill my role!" He scowled, swinging Suihua around violently. His teeth were clenched, brown eyebrows knit together so much his Vermilion mark lowered on his forehead.

Sweat glistened on his forehead, making strands of his chocolate brown hair stick to it. His cheeks were shaded a light pink, and his long hair swung around in its ponytail as he had his little breakdown.

"That's quite enough." A stern voice sounded, causing Jin Ling to freeze, his back towards the voice and Suihua mid air in his grip.

"Knock off the dramatics. It's an honor for you to be invited to stay at Gusu and you better appreciate it and quit the brat act." The voice of, Jiang Cheng stated coldly and with venom.

Jin Ling made a face of complete anger and hatred, before turning around to face his uncle with nothing more than a slight frown. He stood far enough away, that he didn't have to look up at his uncle as he had to do when he was close.

"I don't want to go to Gusu." he spoke as calmly as he could, though the bitterness in his voice hadn't completely vanished.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes at his immature nephew.
"You don't really have an option. Everything is set and ready for you to go. All you need to do is be ready for an early morning and fix that damn attitude of yours." He spat, before turning and walking out the door he'd silently entered.

Jin Ling didn't turn around, instead he stomped his foot on the ground, before heading off to his room.

         ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇          

"A-Rulan."

".."

"A-Rulan."

".."

There was a gentle giggle and a hand caressed Jin Ling's soft face. "Wake up, my flower."

Jin Ling groaned, his eyes just slightly opening as the soft glow of the sun hit his sleepy face, dust particles floating around, making his already watery eyes seem blurred.

"Momma..?"

All of a sudden, Jin Ling shot up, searching around for the unknown voice. It wasn't the first time he'd had that dream. He had that dream so often actually, the voice he'd just started telling himself it was his mother's, since he didn't remember her voice to begin with.

Pressing a hand to his face, where the warmth from the touch had been, he let out a small sigh. His heart ached. It ached for something he'd never had, something he'd never known.

With dread, Jin Ling pushed the covers off his body, swinging his legs over the edge of the bed heaving a sigh. He stared out the window on the opposite side of the room, the sun that had previously been in the room, nowhere to be seen. Just another part of his imagination.