7. First Encounter

Alpha Adrian

She's right in front of my sight. Her face is constantly shining under the dim lights making it harder for me to keep my distance and not mark her here and now. On the other hand there, she's peacefully sitting on a couch enjoying her drink.

It was late at night and we were at the after-party. Everyone was dancing like morons and getting wasted.

From the moment I have come to know she was my mate, my head was not at ease. There were hundreds of questions and debates going on in my head. The fact she's not a werewolf is pretty hard to digest. Unbelievable.

But what surprised me more was Zedd when he said- it shouldn't matter to us if she's a human with no powers but what matters is that she's our mate.

He was more than happy about the fact he was not dying mate-less.

There is not a single example that I have heard of a wolf and a human being mates. This is beyond my understanding. But one thing I know for sure is... I want her.

'I am not letting her go anyways!' Zedd states.

'Aren't you sad even a bit that she doesn't have a wolf? We'll never be able to go run with her,' I reminded.

'No... I'll let her ride on my back and we can run like that every time,' he responded smartly.

'She'll always be a weakling.'

'I'm more than capable to take care of her and every fucking thing!'

'We.' I correct him.

'Sure?' he teased.

'I'm not letting go of her. Ever.'

Looking at her, I promised him and myself.

I took a sip of my wine without breaking my gaze off her and placed the glass on the table back. I leaned my back on the couch, plopping an ankle over the other knee and sat comfortably enjoying my sight.

I want her to come to me first. Like all the other girls do.

While sitting on the couch she took out her phone and I guess she's filming. She turned towards me. Beats drop as her eyes meet mine. Damn.

I felt my system stopped working and at the same time exploded. Being mated to someone is a volcanic feeling. I couldn't help stop staring into her innocent eyes. Abruptly, she puts her phone down and downwards her gaze as well.

I groan in annoyance.

Fuck. I can't control this shit anymore!

I grabbed my glass of wine and swiftly started walking towards her. But collided with a stupid blind human resulting in me spilling my drink on my coat.

Ugh.

"Sorry!" she shouted and walked away.

Wow. Just wow.

I took off the blazer and put it on the corner table with the empty glass. Loosening the tie more, I rolled up my sleeves and headed towards her.

She was seated on the couch peacefully, head down looking at something in her phone. Too busy to even glance up at her mate.

She was a brunette, her long straight hair was shining under the dim lights. She had them open in front in a side parting and tugged behind her ears so that they won't disturb her.

She was wearing a very shiny jacket over a black tee with skinny black jeans and boots.

It's been a whole 3 seconds I am standing in front of her and she hasn't even looked up at me.