a familiar place

*FAST FORWARD ABOUT 6 MONTHS, ITS NOW FEBRUARY*

*GILLIANS POV*
I sit on the firm hotel bed, watching her run her fingers through her hair. She looks at me smiling, and giggles.
"you look so pretty" she blushes, as I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist, her fiqure fitting perfectly against mine.

She laughs "Stoppp I'm trying to get ready" but doesn't push me away, she just puts her hands atop my arms. I kiss her neck, then release my grip. I walk over to the window, looking at the view, just thinking about tonight.

Jimmy Fallon asked both of us to come on Saturday night live, for a second time. It's fair to say we're both very shitting bricks.
"What kind of questions do you think he'll ask?" She says, breaking my thoughts.

"I don't know, but we should be ready for lots of dating questions" I say. I hear her fumbling around on the desk
"and if he asks about the whole dress thing, I'll tell him it was my idea okay? I still feel bad about that"
I hear her release a giggle
"don't be, it was a fun day"

I turn around to see her grabbing her car keys, and can't help staring at what she's wearing, I love it. A dark green sweater, black skirt, and mesh tights. She's always told me she loves baggy clothes, but wanted to wear a skirt for me. God She's cute.

When I asked her what to wear, thinking a dress, she told me I should go in a suit, but spice it up

When I asked her what to wear, thinking a dress, she told me I should go in a suit, but spice it up. When I asked her what the fuck she meant by that, she told me she would pick out an outfit. She dressed me in a black suit, but put a Lacey lingerie top underneath. It's one I've worn with her, she says it's her favourite.

 It's one I've worn with her, she says it's her favourite

She gives me some of her rings, and shit I look hot. She gives me a quick kiss, then says
"well, I guess we should go" I can tell she's nervous, but not as nervous as she usually is for these interviews. She leads me to her car, and we drive to the recording studio.

I notice I'm more anxious than her, but I don't particularly know why. I know jimmy, and I'm not scared of questions, I think I'm more so worried that people will think I'm taking advantage of her. Yes, she's 19 now, but I'm still 40.

I decide if she's not worried about criticism, why should I be? She pulls into a parking stall, saying
"hey look, 9:30 on the dot!" I force myself to smile, but look at the steering wheel instead. "Are you okay?" She asks. I nod and take a long breath.
"hey, you don't have to be worried" she gently grabs my hand
"I don't think he'll ask any awful questions, and I promise you we'll be fine"

I can see she's really trying, but it doesn't calm my nerves
"Gillian please" I finally look up at her, to see a morose expression on her face
"I want this to be a happy night, like when I first saw you here" for some reason that hits harder than anything. She pulls me in for a hug "I love you, remember that" I pull away
"I love you too"

I reluctantly open the passenger door. Breathe.

*YOUR POV*
I feel so bad, I wish I could help her calm down, but I'm awful at doing that type of stuff. She means so much to me, and I really hope tonight is a good night. We walk inside together, and see a stage crew member walk up to us.

"Hey ladies, so instead of the usual setup of you guys on the couch once the cameras roll, Jimmy's going to call you up" we nod, and he gives us a thumbs up. She reaches for my hand, signalling she wants to hold it. I smile, granting her wish, and intertwine our fingers.

We sit on a bench backstage, waiting for our curtain call. As we sit there, I tell her about how I felt last time I was here, and how excited I was to see her. I think it helps her nerves a little, but as the 5 minutes before showtime approaches, I fee her gripping my hand tighter and tighter, her hands only getting sweatier.

"Gillian, why are you so nervous tonight?" I ask it in the nicest way possible, I want to be able to comfort her.
"I just, I don't know" I realize it's the wrong time.
"Hey do you remember that weird guy on the plane?" She looks at me
"remember? You told me he was an ass and then we saw him at the candy store"

She laughs and I feel satisfied I got her at least somewhat distracted. Then we here claps and screams in the audience as jimmy does his intro. We wait and After a few minutes he says "now joining me tonight, I have two women who shocked the world with their relationship and made many headlines for the following few weeks"

We giggle at each other
"please welcome y/n and Gillian Anderson!"
Ok, here it is. Wow. Deep breath, deep breath.