"god i love you so much"

*YOUR POV*
I barely slept at all. So I'm eagerly waking up, ready to leave this place. Packing my biggest things, and de-assembling my bed, I realize I'm ready to go. After a few minutes I see the u-haul truck pull up and feel a wave of excitement rush over me. I help them load everything into the truck, and get into my car.

I'm going to be flying to LA, while two u-haul trucks will be taking my stuff, and car. I'm just now looking at my phone, to see if there's anything important I need to check before I go. I see a text from Gillian, it sent at 2 am.

"Hey gorgeous! So I did check with my management, but they think it wouldn't be smart for me to move to LA. I really want to, you know I do, but at the same time, I don't want to make my job harder. I'm so sorry, but hey, look who's moving into their new house today! I'm so happy for you, and I love you so much <3"

My heart is in my ass. Part of me still had faith that she would find a way like she always does, but not this time. I try to accept it, and remember who I'm literally dating. I don't reply yet, and decide I'll wait maybe til I arrive, since this is definitely news for me.

I take off to the airport, and meet the u-haul guy there. He puts my car inside and drives away as I enter the airport. After the long security line, and flight, I'm finally there. After 6 hours I'm in LA.

The breeze is warm, and the pavement is fresh. This new beginning definitely feels needed, and I can already begin to sense the memories that will be made here. The airport brings back all those emotions I was feeling almost two years ago. It's crazy how time flies.

My car is already here so I take it down to the house, and as I'm pulling up in this nice neighbourhood, I see it. The little yellow house on the corner. It's even cuter in person. I use the key for the first time, and open the door. exploring each part of the house, and figuring out where I want to put stuff, I begin to a feel a little out of place. Perhaps a little... homesick. Definitely not towards my parents but toward that comforting feeling and smell of my old house. This new house smells clean, and... well new.

For some reason it's only making me miss Gillian more. As usual I push down my feelings, and wait for the other u-haul truck to arrive with my things, so I can start building my bed for tonight.

After about 15 minutes the truck arrives, and the guys put my things inside the house. Eventually they leave, and I'm left with a mess of boxes, so I decide to set up my bed first, since it's the most important. Ok, maybe the bed can wait, plus I need to figure out how I want to organize my kitchen utensils!

After about 4 hours, as the sun starts to set, I finally decide to start on my bed. I've been procrastinating it, but realize I really should start if I want to sleep somewhere tonight. I'm so tired though, and honestly could just go cry and sleep. I force myself to stay up so I at least have a bed to cry on. Halfway through building (and after many yawns) I rest my head on the wood. I'm not sleeping, just closing my eyes for a sec.

Not even after a minute later though, I hear the door bell ring. I ignore it, thinking someone probably has the wrong address but then they ring again. And again. I sigh, aggravated, and look out the window as I stand up.
"It's fucking dark outside who's here?" I mumble. I open the door and even through the small crack, theres a figure I could never fail to recognize.

I open the door fully, and see a beautiful Gillian staring back at me, smile plastered on her face. She takes one look into my eyes and hugs me. Just hugs me. I nuzzle my face into her shoulder, whilst her arms are around my neck, mine around her back.

Pulling me closer each second, I just want to melt into her arms. My furrowed brows are up against her soft neck. Her nose gently over my shoulder. I realize in this moment, there's nothing more I want. We could stay here in silence for a million years and I wouldn't mind.

I feel her face pull away from my body, as she just stares into my eyes. Like she always does. I see her facial expression, breaking as she can see the hell I've been through. She takes her arms off my shoulders, and uses her hands to cup my face. Without a word spoken from either of our lips, she kisses me.

It's the kind of kiss that feels overdue. It needed to happen sooner. I can sense us both so satisfied, so content, with each others presence. My arms still wrapped around her back, I can feel every movement, every breath. After the long taste of her lips, she just looks at me for a minute.

While She stares, smiling, her cheeks going all rosy, she says finally,
"god I love you so much" we both giggle a little. She pulls out a key and says
"after you told me the retailer, and house, I went to the guy. He gave me the key, and I decided to surprise you. You know I couldn't just leave you here alone"

I smile, as I feel butterflies all around my body. A tear comes up into my eye and I laugh "Gillian stop bringing onions holy fuck" she laughs as I wipe my eyes, feeling relief.

I walk her inside, then explain the bed I'm building.
"Don't sweat it" she says "I'll help you build it" she sits down next to the legs of it
"thanks" I'm so tired, shit. She sees how much I'm yawning as I tell her about my day.

After only a few minutes she says
"y/n why don't you let me finish this, your tired, I can do this on my own okay?" I nod, not having the energy to argue. As I sit on the wall watching her work, I start to close my eyes.