Girlfriend

GILLIANS POV:
Waking up to her little body around me is the best feeling this world has to offer. I try to stay present as long as I can, since she leaves today. We promised we would make time for each other another time, but for now we're not sure.

I'm just praying she doesn't leave me again, or that we have to wait 7 months. I can't go that long without her touch. I try to not disturb her as I awkwardly check the time. She has to be at the airport in an hour and a half.

I look down at the gorgeous hair, and puffy cheeks wrapped around me, and make a note to remember this. I take a picture, and wait for her to wake. She does, and immediately kisses me. Fuck I could get used to this.

"Hi" she grins brightly
"hi" she removes her body from mine, and heads to my room, I'm assuming for clothes. As I expected, she walks back in wearing my New York hoodie, and sweats. Her hair in a low ponytail, bangs pulled out.

She's also carrying her bag she walked in with, the one from the hospital. She plops in on my sofa and looks at me. "Come here" I get up and hug her, knowing it's what we both need.

She holds me tight, my hands around her waist and whispers "I promise we'll see each other soon" as she pulls away. I nod and walk into the kitchen, she follows. I pause and say "actually what if we get McDonald's or something?"

She nods "ok" then walks to grab her shoes "wait wait wait lemme change first" she groans "ugh why you look perfect just like that" I try to hide my obnoxious blush, but it's no use that shit can probably be seen a mile away.

"Come on" she motions for me to come to the door. I roll my eyes, but obey putting on my shoes as she opens the door. I drive us to McDonalds, and feel oddly cool wearing pjs and sunglasses.

"Hi can I get 2 orders of hot cakes, 2 hashbrowns, and 2 iced coffees?" She nods in approval as we get the okay and head to the next window. "Damn you know we could be on show or something with these powers"

I laugh "yeah we're like aliens or something" I love that she gets my mulder jokes. We get our food and eat in the parking lot. "I love this view of dollar tree, and value village"

I silently laugh with a huge ice coffee sip in my mouth.
"It's like we're in Disney land or something" I'm trying not to totally CHOKE on the damn drink as I force myself to swallow
"don't fucking do that"

She laughs at me and just eats her hash brown. Once we finish we head to the airport. If you couldn't tell already, we don't care about the "3 hour before an international flight" thing anymore.

Her flight leaves in literally 15 minutes by the time we arrive. She grabs her stuff and opens the door, but I grasp her shoulder stopping her.  "Yeah?" She turns around
"promise me you'll text me every night. Every single one" she smiles
"tell me every detail about your day, okay?"

She nods. I look into those big blue eyes, and get lost in them for a second. She leans in for a long kiss now. The same sadness and remorse as when we first parted ways back in LA. Although there's a little upbeat to it, as if we both know we'll meet again.

She slowly pulls away and whispers
"I promise we'll be here again soon" I sad smile and as she stands up, saying
"I love you" she blushes and before slamming my passenger door, and says
"I love you too girlfriend yes yes yes" I smile as she walks into the big doors.

Girlfriend. Yeah. I like that name.

YOUR POV:
I uncomfortably shift in my seat remembering there's only an hour left to go. Yes I'm excited to see my parents, but my head is still trying to process everything that just happened.

I got stabbed, I died, then I woke from the literal dead, went to spend Christmas with Gillian and she asked me to be her girlfriend. Wow.

I bite my lip remembering the butterflies in my stomach that night she asked me. It brings me back to the moment right now. Sitting on this plane. I remember when we were flying to London.

I fell asleep in her lap, some weirdo was being a dick, and we were together the whole time. Hands intertwined. I smile, going all gushy eyed when I hear the flight attendant over the buzz of the plane.

"Alright we appear to be landing in approximately 2 minutes, remember to stay buckled in until we've landed!" I smile even harder, thinking of the faces my parents will make when I see them.

They promised to meet me at the gate instead of back home, since this was my first "adult" flight, and They missed me. Now I don't have Gillian by my side, and I know I'm going to be anxious walking alone.

The plane lands, and we exit, smiling at the flight attendants
"thank you."
Carrying my bag, I walk into the huge building, waiting for my parents. I practically run through the place and find the exit to my gate and grin while walking through, seeing my little parents faces light up.

My mom runs to me, hugging me so tight she might suffocate me.
"Hi mom" she just rocks me back and forth saying
"oh I'm so glad you're okay" my dad walks up to me, hands in his pockets.

"Hi kiddo, how was it" my mom releases her agonizing grip, and awaits my answer.
"It was so fun!" I tell them about the food, the scenery, and how cute Gillians house is. I have to make up bits and pieces since they can't know I didn't actually spend Christmas with Gillian, and that were dating.

"We went to a Christmas party with her, and David's family, the food was so good ma! Oh and Gillian gave me this ring" I show my hand, revealing the little silver infinity ring. I know they'll think that it's just a design, so I'm safe for now.

"Very beautiful!" My mom says
"yes! And she showed me this gorgeous lake in a neighbourhood. We also drove around downtown and went to cafes it was so fun!"

My parents tolerate me bragging the whole way home, and patiently listen. Once We get home, and I drop my bags, I head off to my room saying goodnight, and thanking them for letting me go.

As I lie in bed about to drift away, I remember what Gillian said and grab my phone.

"Hi Gillian! That flight was so long, but I made it here haha, I hope your doing good, hope London's as beautiful as when I left it ! my parents thought the ring was gorgeous, thank you again  :) I'm going to bed ok? I love you, goodnight <3"

I put my phone face down, knowing I'll smile to a message tomorrow morning and turn off my light.