rebirth | todoroki r. (fem!reader)

Summary: Meeting a beautiful yet quiet woman at the coffee shop you work at on a quiet and lonely day changes your life forever.

PAIRING: Rei Todoroki x fem!reader

THEMES: angst, fluff, hurt comfort. [ONE-SHOT]

TW: cursing, mentions of domestic violence, sexual assault and abuse.

Copyright © 2020-2021 by Veles.

A/N: This writing piece is part of the writing event Seasonal Love! Please check out the other works This is my first time writing for a female character, I hope I did good! Rei doesn't have her original last name on any website so I made up one for her- Kanda. The words that are in bold and italicized are the word prompts I was given!

Please leave a like + comment if you enjoy :) 

Spring is your favorite season.

For you, spring is a new start. The icy cold snow melts away, the howling wind that nips at your nose and lips eases into a calming breeze.

Plants that withered away in the past few seasons once again bloom to life, spreading their petals open to complete their natural beauty.

Spring is rebirth; the creation of a new life. With the opportunity to make new and better choices.

It's also when you met Rei Todoroki.

Sunshine seeped inside the little shop, warming your bones. It seemed to put your customers in a good mood as well since the shop was mainly silent.

The day you met gazes, your heart began to beat wildly and you froze on the spot. It'd been love at first sight for you.

She had walked into the library cafe with a carefree expression. Her icy white hair made your mouth go dry and her sad grey eyes left you breathless.

You nearly dropped the coffee you were holding in your hand. Despite the fact that she approached you with a smile that made your face warm, there was a certain sadness in her eyes. You wondered what had she gone through that left such look in her beautiful eyes.

"Excuse me, miss?" she spoke in a soft tone, watching you with concern.

You choked down a splutter and smoothed down your skirt and apron before returning her smile.

"I'm sorry," you said with a sheepish smile. "Welcome to the Library Cafe. What can I get you?"

She smiled with understanding and glanced briefly around the shop. With a nervous laugh, the woman shook her head. You guessed she was around her late thirties, but she held an air of peace and warmth that made your body relax.

"I'm not sure..." her tone was airy and relaxed. "I haven't been here before. What would you recommend?"

Your eyes widened. Her laugh made your heartthrob with warmth. Yearning to hear it again.