chapped kisses | tamaki a.

SUMMARY: You've been pining after your best friend, Tamaki Amajiki, for years. But as the good, loyal friend you are, you've kept your distance and kept your relationship with him purely platonic. But a day of ice skating can change many things, including your relationship with your best friend.

PAIRING: Tamaki Amajiki x gn!reader.

THEMES: pining, fluff, humor. [ONE-SHOT]

TW: mentions of mental health issues and light cursing.

WORD COUNT: around 2K

Copyright © 2020-2021 by Veles.

A/N: This writing piece is part of the writing event Seasonal Love! 

Masterlist can be found here: https://mortedeveles.tumblr.com/post/626645027299393536/seasonal-love-writing-event

The words in bold (that aren't at the beginning of a sentence) are the word prompts i was given to create this piece! slippery, sniffle, freeze.

as always, please leave a like, reblog, comment and/or follow if you enjoyed! the feedback and support is GREATLY appreciated <33 

Tamaki Amajiki reminded you of winter.

On the surface, many mistook his social anxiety as a cold, harsh, and distant attitude. Others weren't very fond of him- but you didn't fit in either category.

You were a lover of winter.

Winter may be a cold and lifeless season, but has its own type of beauty. The pure white snow that graces your grass and the roof of your house always makes you smile. Watching the snow fall upon your shoulders makes you smile and the howling wind lulls you to sleep.

Despite his internal demons and insecurities, Tamaki overcame all the obstacles that stood in his way. As his childhood friend- along with Mirio, you watched Tamaki grow from a fragile and small snowflake, into a beautiful and powerful blizzard. He was beautiful, fragile at times; but resilient and determined.

And in between years of being his friend, you grew fond of his antics- whenever he got excited about something, his voice would grow louder and his posture less guarded and sometimes, he'd even wave his arms or hands. Or when he tried out something new with his quirk, you were the first one to know and he would do a demonstration for you. You'd invite Mirio over and the three of you would play around and test Tamaki's quirk. There were so many reasons you adored him, so many that you didn't have enough hands to write them down.

Despite the love and affection you had for your best friend, you knew that being his partner wouldn't be possible. He had problems with himself and it wouldn't be fair to put another weight on his shoulders. With that mentality in mind, you never attempted to approach him romantically and instead, stayed at his side like a loyal friend.