Chapter 245: Selling Point Everywhere

Почніть із самого початку

"Did you think I'm a prude?" Jooeun suddenly laughed. "Of course I'm aware of Hwan's motive."

"I almost forgot, when it comes to being vicious, it's a tough competition between the two of you!" Minjung realized her worries were pointless. How could she be worried that Jooeun would feel Jeonghwan's actions were ruthless? Simply looking at the netizens' discussions, it was obvious. Irene Kim met with this fate completely because of her own doing.

Would Jooeun feel pity towards someone that had no self-respect? One must face the consequences of their actions. Even if they managed to avoid the consequences now, retribution will eventually catch up to them. They shouldn't think that they've escaped retribution – their time simply hasn't come.

"Let's move away from this unhappy topic, it's all in the past. You should start preparing for your appearance on Go Show."

"There's nothing to prepare." Jooeun smiled. "It's obvious they want to find out about mine and Jeonghwan's relationship and want to dig up some big news."

"This news is the biggest selling point everywhere. Who told you to have such an amazing manager?" Minjung burst out laughing before looking at the watch on her wrist. "I will be having dinner with Taejoo, are you okay to return to the bedroom on your own?"

"I'll wait for Jeonghwan to come home." Jooeun nodded.

Ever since being in a relationship, Minjung appeared full of energy. It was impossible to tell that she was almost 30- years old. But Jooeun was curious how Minjung and Taejoo interacted with each other.

7 PM.

Jeonghwan returned home from GK. Upon seeing Jooeun lying on the sofa under the yellow lighting, he carefully approached her and leaned over to kiss her forehead. Jooeun opened her eyes. As soon as she saw his attractive face, she smiled gently and sat up. "You're home."

"Why aren't you sleeping in the bedroom? The living room is cold."

"I was getting bored just lying there all day." Jooeun replied helplessly.

Jeonghwan nodded his head and pulled out a list of topics Jooeun would need to discuss at Go Show. After seeing the list, Jooeun's expression changed slightly.

For the interview, she would need to discuss her youth and her family background.

Jeonghwan noticed the abnormality in Jooeun's expression. He retrieved the list from her hands. "If you don't want to talk about it, I'll tell the producer to change it."

Jooeun contemplated for a moment before grabbing hold of Jeonghwan's hand and looking into his eyes. "We definitely can't discuss it on the program. The Cha family doesn't like the entertainment industry. They think it's degrading."

"If you say we can't, then we won't."

"But I want to tell you about it." Jooeun swung Jeonghwan's hand. She felt it was time to tell him about the situation at home.

Jeonghwan could tell it was going to be a long story, so he wrapped his arm around Jooeun gesturing for her to take her time.

"It's true that I am a member of the Cha family. However, to them, I am like a clown. My mother is the second wife to my father and started off as a mistress. Before my mother, my father's first wife had 3 children. Ever since I was small, they had always seen me as the demon that took away everything from them. However, my grandfather had high hopes for me. I felt guilty, so I decided not to go in the running to become an heir to the Cha and instead, chose the path of a model. This broke my grandfather's heart."

"At first, my grandfather was simply disgusted by me. But after I started dating Jung Yonghwa, he directly kicked me out of the household. He felt I was insulting the family name."

After hearing these words from Jooeun, Jeonghwan tightened his embrace around her. The Cha Family was legendary in the perfume world. But just like every other family, they could not avoid internal fighting.

"As a result, I am a person that has been abandoned by her family."

"How are you abandoned? You still have me." Jeonghwan's heart ached. Jooeun debuted before she even turned 18. All these years, she had struggled on her own and even came across a jerk like Jung Yonghwa. Her 9 years of youth were wasted just like that.

"We won't do the segment about the Cha Family. We won't even mention them."

"It's been quite a few years since I've seen my mother." Jooeun mumbled. "At times, I quite detest her. Because of her greed, she made me feel ashamed. That's why, after facing the affair between Jung Yonghwa and Park Shinhye, I suddenly became so ruthless."