Newcomers

Blaze cheered as he and AJ zoomed towards the Monster Dome. There was a big race that day, and they were ready to zoom through the track with the rest of their friends for the trophy.

"Hey, guys!" he greeted as soon as they were inside, where Darington, Zeg, Starla and Stripes were waiting for him.

"Hey, B!" Darington greeted, pecking his cheek.

Blaze giggled then he turned to the rest of their friends. "You all ready for the race today?"

"You betcha!" Stripes grinned.

"Hey, fellas, Watts and Gabby told me that there's gonna be new racers com in' to join us for the big race!" Starla announced.

"Ooh! New friends?!" Zeg excitedly squealed.

"Does Gabby know them, Starla?" Darington asked.

"No, but Watts told me that they came to the garage yesterday for a tune up for the race," Starla replied.

"Well, we can't wait to meet him!" AJ said.

"Maybe they're already at Gabby's pit!" Stripes suggested. "Let's go and meet them!"

The others agreed in unison before they all zoomed off. They headed to the pits and found Watts standing outside. She waved at the sight of them.

"Hey, guys!" she greeted. "Hey, Starship!"

"Hey, beauty!" Starla pecked her cheek.

"Hey, Watts!" Blaze greeted. "Are the new racers here already?"

"No, not yet," Watts shook her head. "Gabby's just fixing up Crusher after he... complained that there's dirt on his window,"

"Let me guess, just a speck?" Darington guessed.

"Yep, but it was enough to burst him into tears," Watts grumbled. "I seriously wish he acted different, you know?"

"Zeg wish that too," Zeg agreed.

"We can try all we can, but if he doesn't wanna change, we can't just force a change," Blaze sighed.

"WAHOO!" A cheer from the pit made them turn to see Crusher drive out with Pickle and Gabby following behind him. "I'm clean!"

"It was only a speck, Crusher..." Gabby let out a sigh.

"Clean nonetheless!" Crusher huffed.

"Hey, Gabby!" Blaze waved over to the mechanic. "Heard there were new racers. They here yet?"

"Not yet, but they said that they'd be here before the race to meet everyone," Gabby replied.

"New racers, huh?" Crusher grumbled. "Fantastic,"

"Oh, quite a compliment," a familiar yet unfamiliar voice spoke from behind them.

The group turned to see a male truck looking similar to Blaze but purple with an icy blue flame at his sides. He had a smirk on his face, his red eyes flashing as he approached the group.

"Um, hi there," Blaze went forward to face him. "My name is Blaze. You are?"

"Zoom," the truck spoke, his voice similar to Blaze's but more sinister sounding as he grinned and scanned the group. "The name's Zoom,"

"Nice to meet you," AJ dismounted and smiled. "I'm AJ, Blaze's driver,"

"Psh, you need a driver to race?" Zoom scoffed. "Are you THAT slow, Blaze?"

"What?" Blaze stared at the newcomer in disbelief.

"Um, I race with a driver too," Watts told him with a frown.