JUDGING PERIOD

Time's up!

Thank you all for sending in your entries. The judges will now get 3 weeks to read them.

We understand how difficult it is that you can't talk to anyone in the server about your novelettes, but please keep everything to yourself for just a little bit longer. Those three weeks will be over before you know it, and when they are, you can finally post your story on Wattpad.

Which brings me to the most important rule of this contest. If you somehow happened to miss it, here's a reminder: You agree to publish your story on Wattpad once the contest is over for at least 3 months.

If you don't publish your story, we can't award you any prizes because there's nothing to award prizes to, so please make sure you have everything ready (covers, blurbs, etc.) when the time comes. You won't have to publish the entire story immediately—the first chapter is enough. All we ask is that you put something online that we can link to when we award the prizes. Not right now, in case that wasn't clear enough, but in 3 weeks.

So what does the schedule look like?

10 August:

The deadline for the judges.

11-14 August:

Time for you guys to publish your novelettes. Once your story is on your Wattpad account, you can share the link in the #gen_3_contest channel. We'll make a reading list with all of your stories so everyone can add them to their library and start reading while they wait for the results. This book will be updated when the time comes to remind you.

15 August:

Results.

Good luck everyone!