"I wish I could do something to end your suffering right now"

You held his hand close to you

"But one wrong interfering I'll do might cost your soul. I don't want to lose you, Claude"

Using your free hand, you brush away the lost strand of his hair on his face

"I love you"

You couldn't help but to say it out loud

But only when he was asleep, when he was away, when he was not looking, when he wasn't listening.

"I always loved you"

You mumble with a small smile, gently caressing his cheeks and holding his hand

You always loved him, in the past, present, even in the first timeline, it's always him.

"All I want is for you to be happy"

You mumble once again, finally letting go of his hand

Brushing of his the lost strand of his blonde hair once again, you finally stood up, about to go out of the room, hands on the door handle when a familiar voice spoke

"You wished for my happiness"

It was Claude that made you look back

He look like he just woke up, you suddenly wonder how long was he awake, did he heard your confession? But that doesn't seem to be the case. Because if he did, he'll be reacting to that too.

"Of cou--"

"Then where were you when I needed you the most?!"

He snapped at you

You just stood there, not even flinching at the way he was looking at you.

"You could have saved her! And yet where were you?!"

"You should calm down your highness"

You stated, walking back towards him who once again look like he was in pain

You hate to see him like that, it hurts you to see him like that.

"You said you wished for my happiness yet you didn't even dare save my happiness!"

"Please calm down Your Highness"

You stated once again, not minding his words as you gently push him back down the sofa

Of course he struggle, but in the end you won, having to cast him to sleep once again.

You knew he probably won't be able to remember this conversation once again.

"She was my happiness"

Your eyes widen as you watch him slowly tear up, at the same time slowly falling into slumber.

"Why were you not there to save her?"

There he finally close his eyes, breathing peacefully in his sleep. You blink, going over his bed to fetch some cover then putting in on his figure. Watching him for a few moment, you turn around. Making sure to more carefully trying not to wake up the emperor whom you just put to sleep.

Successfully making your way out of his chamber, you heard a foot steps coming towards your way, upon hearing.

"Felix, Your Highness just fell asleep"

There was a smile on your face as your hands were just as usual clasp around each other, maintaining your holy presence

Exchanging a few words with the aide of the emperor, you bid your goodbye as you're making your way towards the chamber of the Princess.

I'm fine

You said to yourself

It did hurt a bit, but you're fine.

Really, You're fine.

Lowkey wishing someone would appear and just pull you out of despair and cry into his arms aren't ya?

Nope.