★彡 9:30 pm ★彡

Start from the beginning

so he checked the next floor, only to be met with the same results, locked or empty. he checked the next floor, nothing. so he went up to the attic, being met with warm, dust-filled air. it was far from pleasant, but he was too focused on finding you to care.

"y/n? you there?" he called out, being met with no response. now he was really concerned. was y/n even in the building? maybe they had left. what if they were in one of the locked rooms and they had thought he was someone else? but upon pacing around, considering what to do, he noticed something.

he walked over to it, to make sure he was actually seeing what he thought, and it was. he was faced with a large, wooden door. it wasn't nearly fancy as all of the other doors, it was just a regular old door. y/n had to be in there, right? he tried to open it, but of course, it was locked.

"y/n? are you in there? it's me, selever!" he nearly yelled, hoping that you were in there. he waited there for what felt like years. he was hoping that at any moment now, you'd open the door and leap into his arms. he would never admit it, but he had always wanted to show you love and affection. cuddles, kisses, whatever. but as time passed, he was forced to accept the fact that you weren't in there.

his movements grew quicker and more sudden as he started to panic, he quickly made his way back down the stairs, thinking that he may have just missed a room. but when he got down, he was again met with confusion. he wasn't where he had come from, or at least it certainly didn't look like it. he had expected to see the 4th floor, but instead, it was like a library. where was he?

he walked around like a new yorker who had too much coffee, still trying to be careful enough to not trip over anything. "y/n! where are you? it's me, selever!" but once again, he was met with silence. so now he was lost and alone. god, could this get any worse?

or, at least, he had thought he was alone.

"sel!" he heard a voice call out behind him, and he could barely turn around before y/n came running towards him, immediately hugging him for comfort. he returned the favor, holding them against his chest, and upon feeling the growing moisture, he knew that you were crying.

"y/n, what's going on?" he inquired, causing you to look up at him, tears in your eyes. you tried to explain everything you knew about the situation, your words being rendered unintelligible by your crying.

"hey, hey, calm down. it's alright, i'm here." he attempted to reassure you, earning almost no change in your mental state as you kept crying.

he saw no other way to calm you down, so he went and did what he had wanted to do for a long time. he had pressed his lips against yours, causing you to quiet down. he wasn't sure if your quietness had come from surprise or actually enjoying the kiss, but he was happy knowing that he was at least able to get you to calm down.

upon pulling away, he was met by you looking up at him, your eyes still red from crying so much, but you weren't crying anymore. you almost looked happy. that is, as happy as you could be in a situation like this.

"s-sel, i'm..."

his heart dropped, expecting rejection. but instead, he was met with another hug. he returned the hug, easily picking you up to bring you up to his level.

"what's going on, y/n?" he asked again.

"i-i'm not sure myself, i've been reading a bunch to try and figure out what happened, but at 9:30 it seemed like everything just stopped."

"wait, 9:30 today, or.."

"it was a few days ago, i think. thankfully all of the food in the ballroom has stayed good."

they put their head on selever's shoulder, hugging him, telling him that they didn't want to talk about it right now.

"do you want to go get something to drink down there? the strawberry soda is really good."

you chuckled a bit, hearing that. "thanks, i made it. and of course."

he put you down and took your hand in his, the two of you walked downstairs, blindly trusting that you wouldn't encounter another surprising change of floors, and thankfully, you didn't. so you walked downstairs, having a new sort of bond between each other. neither of you had to say it, you knew what it was. but while you two were getting glasses to pour the soda in, someone had walked up to you.

"oh, there you two are! i've been looking for you, and jeez, y/n. you look like you were in a hurricane."

it was your best friend, and they seemed normal. in fact, everything seemed normal.

"f/n? is.. is that really you..?"

"of course it is? who else would i be, silly?"

you and selever just looked at each other in complete disbelief about what was happening.

"f/n? what time is it?"

they glanced at the clock, before answering with "oh, about 9:45."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

my mom's friend literally came and watched me writing this twice and i have no clue how long they were watching me or how much they saw

ANYWAY SNAAJA i'm sorry i know selever probably seemed really out of character here, i tried to write him as how i'd imagine he'd be when stressed out

i originally had a completely different song because when i started this i was expecting it to go a different way but when i got to the climax (not that climax you horny bastard) i wrote it completely differently so now you have nobody by mitski haha

word count || 1693