★彡 9:30 pm ★彡

this is a really weird one, very very strange. i'm not sure how i got this idea.

also f/n is for friend's name, ok? ok.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

stepping into the giant ballroom, he knew something wasn't right. but he wasn't quite sure what it was, so he simply dismissed it, thinking it was just in his head. he glanced at the clock, seeing it was 9:30, and went on to enjoy the lavish party.

everyone was dressed in formal, extravagant clothing, matching the opulent decor adorning the room. but he paid no attention to them, as selever was too busy wolfing down the various food choices there were. he did admittedly feel a bit out of place as he was simply dressed in a tuxedo and black slacks, keeping his bowtie and heeled boots as normal, but it didn't take much for him to realize that nobody was paying attention to him, with such a large crowd, why would they? he was essentially anonymous.

he poured himself a glass of strawberry soda and took a seat, looking around. all of the people in the room made it a bit difficult to see, but he could tell that the decor was extremely expensive, whoever set this up must have worked extremely hard on it. with the velvet-colored carpeting complimenting the excessive amount of gold in the room, the tables were golden, as were the window frames. but most noticeably, the large staircase leading up to the second floor, which had an elevator behind it for accessibility purposes.

all of this was pleasant, but he never saw what he was looking for, or more appropriately, who he was looking for. as this party was hosted by y/n's family. he had been friends with y/n for years now, and they were the only person he knew at the party. so naturally, he'd be searching for them. he had found it odd enough that they weren't there to welcome him as they usually were, but he figured that they just hadn't been expecting him to arrive as early. or maybe they had to do something else?

he waited for around 20 minutes, still with no sign of y/n.

"where the hell are they?" he muttered to himself, looking around the room again, maybe he had just missed them.

when he noticed it, he was dumbfounded. he took a second glance, only to be met with the realization that his eyes didn't deceive him. despite him being at this party for 30 minutes or so, the clock still read 9:30. at first, he had suspected the clock was broken, so he checked his phone to see what the time actually was, but he was told the same time.

in a state of mild distress, he asked the nearest person for the time. she just gave him an odd look, before saying "9:30 of course? check the clock."

okay, something was definitely wrong, and he wasn't quite sure what it was. but now that he paid more attention to the people in the room, he noticed something he hadn't before. he noticed how lifeless everybody looked. it was as if they were programs, they all just repeated the same movements every 30 seconds or so, it was as if they were in a cult.

in a state of even more distress, he decided he wasn't going to wait around for y/n, he was going to search for them himself. though at the same time, he almost didn't want to. what if the same thing happened to them? did something even happen to the people here? what if this was just a huge organized joke on him?

no, this couldn't just be a joke, he was going to find y/n and get to the bottom of what was happening. so he walked upstairs and started searching. but his search was seeming to be fruitless, every door he checked was either locked or empty. or at least, they were empty as far as he was concerned, because none of them had y/n.