"Livvy, you're really going to need to stop thinking so much." Wanda suddenly says and I open my eyes when I feel the weight of her head leave me.

Wanda looks up at me through her lashes with a meaningful look plastered on her face. Her expression makes a smile creep up my face. She looks much more rested although there are still dark circles under her eyes, and she's still a little too pale for my liking, but seeing her regard me with that look and a glint in her eye makes me relieved. She narrows her eyes at my expression, her eyes darting from my eyes down to my mouth and back again in the blink of an eye.

"I'm sorry." I smile apologetically and she rolls her eyes at me as a smile of her own graces her face. She huffs and drops her head back down on my chest, getting comfortable again, surprising me slightly.

"What?" I ask her, looking down at the back of her head.

"You keep apologizing." Wanda mutters against my chest, but I can hear from the tone of her voice that she's amused.

"I want to say sorry, but I guess that's off-limits?" I smile against my will, finding our usual banter easy to slip into, and it makes my head spin that she's being so relaxed after all the scenarios my head was just making up.

"No, you can't. Not to me." Wanda says and her arm tightens around my waist.

"What, I can never say sorry to you?" I repeat and she chuckles.

"Nope. Sorry."

"But what if I accidentally shoot you in your stomach when I am aiming for your shoulder? How rude of me to not say sorry then."

"Humph." She snorts and turns awkwardly, making it so that she's lying almost horizontally over the bed, her head on my stomach looking up at me with bright green eyes. "I truly hope you're not going to need to shoot me again, or I might have to break your other arm too."

"Yeah, you're right, I can't risk that." I laugh breathily and she smiles at me.

"How does it feel?" She wonders, sounding small.

"Erm, I was a little surprised I guess, but I don't mind it." Her expression changes to a slightly confused one and I register that she's not talking about us, now.

"Your arm." She clarifies and I feel mortified, but she only looks at me with an amused, tiny smirk.

"Oh!" I giggle awkwardly, making her head bob slightly on my stomach and she lets out a small sound of indignation. "Oh, sor- I mean, my arm, it eh, it's ok."

"It doesn't hurt?" She ignores my awkwardness, allowing it to play out but doesn't react to it.

"I guess sometimes. I did forget my painkillers. I still need to have the metal screws removed at some point." She bites her bottom lip, dropping her gaze from my face and I comprehend she feels responsible.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I've done quite well with just one arm, or did you forget I actually busted you out of the Raft like this?" I nudge her, trying to lighten her mood again. It seems to have worked as she lets out a silky little laugh.

"You did have some help."

"You barely helped." I roll my eyes and she nudges me.

"I still feel bad."

"Honestly, Wanda, it's fine. It's my villain origin story. Makes me all mysterious and cool walking around with it in a sling. It's a real head-turner."

I can tell she doesn't really believe me, her eyes dropping to my left arm where it lies next to me. I see her formulate something in her head, and I once again wish I could know what goes on inside her mind. Her tongue quickly darts out to moisten her lips and she sits up on the bed, sweeping her hair behind her shoulders.