chapter fifteen: grey

I NEVER HURT LIKE THIS BEFORE.

Please, I never begged like this before.

I never felt like this before.

This was the first time ever since I met you where a part of me couldn't be filled up by the pills I swallow. Red looked good on you, even when all I could remember was the color of blood on your lips while you said your vows, leaving you to be named Sanzu (Name).

"Rindou," I called for him, making him look at me. "(Name) said thank you for having our backs in the fight," I softly spoke, walking away without speaking another word.

I was right-- it was a curse.

The invisible kiss marks you left on my lips left me with your taste. It was a curse how you're now a memory with your marks on me, leaving my loyalty to lie on you.

I made it home, I'm back home, like I promised. Now please, come home.

We almost made it home.

"I, Sanzu Haruchiyo, take you, (Last Name) (Name), as my beloved wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; until death do us part."

I held the ring in my hand, the cigarette burn you left on me screamed your name.

So Sanzu (Name), will you ever forgive me?

Forgive me for the hidden words that I'll never say to you, forgive me for giving Sanzu instead of Akashi.

At last, I was no longer sober. Craving for the stranger long gone. The stranger whose lips marked my skin, only for those marks to be kissed by lips that were not yours. You were always temporary.

━━━━ ━ wc:
294