Chapter Fifty Nine

Start from the beginning

Pierce was sweating bullets as he watched Natalie take a seat next to Marcey and start up a conversation.

"Bet you wish you would have just remembered her name now.." Slater said, slapping Pierce on the shoulder.

"Yeah no shit."

"Well I'm thoroughly enjoying myself, I don't know about y'all." Caleb snickered.

Natalie promptly returned with a sly grin on her face.

"What did you say?" Lexi laughed.

"I bought her a drink..." Natalie said with a shrug. "...With Pierce's credit card."

Pierce smiled down at Natalie snatching her up in his arms and clearly relieved that she hadn't gotten jealous.

"I guess I deserved that." Pierce chuckled.

*****

After everyone had changed they met at a night club of James' choosing and it looked every bit as expensive and exclusive as Marcus had imagined, but they could have been in the middle of an empty field and Marcus wouldn't have cared as long as Caroline was there.

She was in a short cocktail dress that showed off her long toned legs and perfect ass, causing Marcus to find reasons to trail behind her so he could steal a few looks.

"Like what you see?" Caroline sassed over her shoulder.

"You have no idea, Mrs. Cordell." Marcus said before he leaned down and peppered her neck with kisses.

James had pulled out all the stops and reserved two private tables with bottle service for the group. The guys took seats at the tables, pouring drinks for each other and keeping an eye on the women that loved who had immediately gone to the dance floor.

Pierce, Logan, Gunner and James had joined the girls and were dancing in the middle of them, loving the attention they were getting which made the rest of the guys roll their eyes in response.

Normally Kincaid would have been right in the center of that drunken dance party, but for some reason he stayed back, stirring his drink and watching along with the rest of the group.

"You okay, man?" Marcus asked loudly over the house music.

"Yeah, just some shit I'm workin' through. I'll be fine." Kincaid said, tapping the side of his glass against Marcus', not wanting to share that information with Marcus at the moment.

Marcus watched Caroline like a hawk and loved how carefree and happy she was.  Caroline, Lainey, Lexi, and Nat were dancing like fools with smiles on their faces that radiated joy from across the room. He had never seen Caroline as happy as he'd seen her today and wanted to make it his personal mission in life to make her smile that big every day for the rest of his life.

The drinks kept flowing and the girls became sloppier and funnier as the night went on, dancing to rap songs and falling over periodically, but having the time of their lives.

"They're fucking hammered." Declan chuckled, as Lexi blew him drunkenly seductive kisses from the dance floor. 

"Yeah they are. I think before we leave Claire might actually leave me for Kenzie." Nate said with a laugh pointing them out on the dance floor.

Kenzie and Claire were mouthing the words to a song, as they pretended to give each other lap dances, laughing hysterically when they would lose their balance.

Everyone started laughing at the sight until a tall well dressed man, approached the two of them. He was clearly hitting on them and Marcus shot his eyes over to Nate to watch his reaction.