Chapter 47: Awakening

Start from the beginning

Cracking her knuckles excitedly, Rumi grinned eagerly and walked over to the edge of the lowered ramp.

Standing fearlessly on the edge of the ramp as treetops flew by underneath, Rumi did a few quick stretches as Uraraka carefully approached the lowered ramp and grabbed on tightly to the nearest handhold.

"At least this time I get to jump out myself." The gravity controlling girl said with a weak laugh.

Nodding, Izuku gestured to the edge of the ramp. "You can do it kid, just remember to tuck and roll. Worst case scenario, you just bounce off the ground a few times to bleed your speed."

Uraraka's eyes suddenly widened as she realized what her mentor was saying. "Wait! I thought you said we were stopping!?"

Giving Uraraka a confused look, Izuku shook his head in disagreement. "We have a schedule to keep. Best I can do is get the pilot to slow down from top speed. You will be fine, you can make yourself weightless and just bounce a few times."

Clinging even tighter to the metal handhold, Uraraka shook her head desperately. "We are going hundreds of kilometers per hour! If I hit a tree I will get turned into paste!"

Izuku rolled his eyes. "You are jumping out over an open area. Just aim for some bushes."

Izuku's earpiece crackled to life once more.

"One minute." The pilot said flatly as the helicopter began to slow down slightly.

Pushing Uraraka to the edge of the ramp, Izuku pried the terrified intern's hands from the straps on his vest as he talked. "Kid, you won't get a second chance at this. You gotta jump when I tell you to, or you really will hit some trees."

"B-b-but I-!" Uraraka stammered out until Rumi roughly grabbed her wrist.

"Oh put a sock in it you baby." Rumi said with an excited grin. "You can do it, you just gotta believe in yourself!"

A few seconds later, the treetops were replaced by a field full of wild shrubs and tall grass.

As a light overhead began blinking green, Izuku nodded to Rumi. "Time to jump!"

Pulling a terrified and screaming Uraraka with her, Rumi fearlessly jumped out of the helicopter and out of sight.

Closing the cargo ramp, Izuku looked back to see several members of Bravo team holding back amused laughter. Glad to see everyone feeling a little more relaxed, Izuku shrugged exaggeratedly.

"She will be fine." He said flippantly.

A few minutes later, the pilot's voice sounded in Izuku's ear.

"LZ in three. Get ready."

Giving his team a thumbs up, Izuku did one last check of his gear as the helicopter began to descend. Two minutes later, there was a jarring thump as the helicopter touched down. Opening the cargo ramp, Izuku motioned for his team to rapidly disembark. Once everyone was out of the helicopter, Izuku stepped out into the forest and gave the helicopter pilot a thumbs up. With a rush of air and roar of the engines, the helicopter rapidly rose back into the sky and disappeared from sight.

Giving his team a few silent hand signals to move out, Izuku activated his radio.

"Bravo Six to command." Izuku said quietly as he followed his team. "Bravo team is on the ground and proceeding with the mission, over."

There was a second of silence before a curt woman's voice replied. "Understood Bravo Six, we have you on infrared and thermal. UAV is in the air and maintaining altitude over your mission area. Proceed as planned, over."