four

chapter four

"Casey!"

The girl jolted up from her bed in surprise as she heard her name, something narrowly missing her head and smacking into the wall behind her before landing on the floor with a small thud. "Stop throwing shit at me dickhead." Casey grumbled tiredly, glaring daggers in Jaymie's direction as she rubbed her eyes. 

"It's almost half past eight you overslept, I've gotta go to work you'll have to walk." Her sister explained hurriedly, checking the time on her phone before sliding it back into the pocket of her scrubs.

"Casey! Get up!" Jaymie clapped obnoxiously as the younger of the two slumped back into bed with a groan, it felt as though she'd just gotten to sleep. "I'm sick, can't go." The girl mumbled, pulling her pillow over her head as Jaymie rolled her eyes. 

"The next thing I throw at you is going to be a glass of water if you don't get up in the next ten seconds."

"Fine!" Casey moaned loudly, swinging herself out of bed, face scrunching in confusion as she heard a loud crunch beneath her. "What do you have against tissues and why do you keep assaulting me with them?" The girl shook her head, retrieving the now half squashed box of tissues and tossing them back at her sister who caught them with ease.

"Just get dressed and go. You can't be late or absent on your first week! I'll see you when you get back I finish at two I've got a half day." Her sister explained as Casey nodded, dragging herself over to her wardrobe to find something to wear. 

"Is it supposed to rain today?" She asked her older sister who shrugged unhelpfully.

"What do I look like the weather man?"

"Asshole." Casey whispered tiredly under her breath at the sarcastic response, her sister singing out goodbye as Casey heard the jingle of her car keys before the front door banged close after her. 

Maybe if Jaymie had bothered waking her up on time, she wouldn't be in this scenario.

 Checking the weather on her own phone it was supposed to be quite overcast though the chances of rain were unlikely, so since both pairs of her comfort jeans were in the wash the girl opted for a black denim skirt, a black tank top and a large brown cardigan.

Shoving her books in her bag the girl had grabbed an orange to eat on the way to school for breakfast and was half out the door when it dawned on her, it was Wednesday.

"Fuck me." Casey groaned to herself realising she had her second shift this afternoon. Between forgetting to set her alarm last night and forgetting about work today she really needed to get a handle on organisation.

Hurrying back inside she was quick to gather her uniform before racing into Jaymie's room to steal a pair of pants. "Come on!" The girl whined as she desperately squashed them into her bag, she didn't have a backup option and she just needed to get to school before everything could go into her locker.

Checking the time on her phone she felt her stomach tighten with anxiety realising if she didn't leave like right now she'd be late. So with a huff of defeat she left the pants half hanging out of her bag, making a beeline for the front door.

Locking the caravan door behind her she wasted no time speed walking out of the caravan park, sending a polite smile in Cynthia's direction who called out good morning. Letting out a ragged huff as she made it to the top of the hill Casey paused for a second to catch her breath, checking the time.

Making it quickly through the small forest of trees between the caravan park and the road Casey allowed herself to take a deep breath, she knew it only took about fifteen minutes from here and she had twenty before the bell would ring for first period.