Chapter 16: Rando

Yusuke's eyes burned with passion and fury. He faced Rando, still disguised as Shorin, without a trace of fear. Shorin's purple aura crackled, and Yusuke ran forward, enraged. "The first one's for Kuwabara!" a fist powered with spirit energy introduced itself to Shorin's smug face. He tumbled over and over and came to a stop on the grass.

Yusuke stood over him. "And I've still got ninety-nine more. One for every psychic whose life you stole,"

Shorin got to his feet. He wasn't smiling anymore. But Yusuke was too quick for him. Two more mighty punches slammed Shorin in the stomach, and again in the face. This borrowed disguise was beginning to fail him. "His spirit power scored a 155, but it must've increased over 200 to make that kind of impact," Shorin pressed a hand to his battered face.

"You better stand!" Yusuke was gearing up for another blow. "I'll feel bad hitting you if you're glued to the ground!"

Shorin sprang several feet into the air. His whole body surged with energy, and it was pure evil.

"What the..? What the hell is this?" Yusuke gasped.

Still suspended in mid-air, Shorin smiled down at Yusuke. "Of all my techniques, I enjoy this one the most!"

"I once knew a fighter who made quite a name for himself with this attack," Genkai said quietly. "It creates a vacuum around the opponent and causes air to escape violently from their body through cuts in the skin,"

This can't be real! Sakura gazed in horror.

"And with as many battle wounds as you have, Yusuke, it should be very painful!" With a sinister chuckle, Shorin sent his holographic whirlwind straight at Yusuke, knocking him down.

As Genkai had predicted, air gushed from the cuts on Yusuke's skin. He felt like his body was ripping apart, but despite this he sat up defiantly. "Ouch!"

Sakura winced and wrapped an arm around her torso. A sudden stab of pain had startled her.

"Now isn't that surprising!" Shorin commented. "Most would pass out from the pain. Shall we try it again?"

Screaming in fury, Yusuke launched himself into the air and ploughed straight through the tornado Shorin created. His green aura provided some protection against the pain, but it wasn't enough to block it completely. But Yusuke didn't quit. He surged spirit energy into his arm and punched with all his might, slamming Shorin out of the sky and to the swamp floor.

Sakura clutched her arms around her middle. Waves of pain were shooting through her, but from what?

Yusuke was on all fours, out of breath. "I got him," he growled. "And he wasn't joking about the pain,"

"You got him good, Yusuke! He'll probably be out for a week!" Botan cheered.

"Well that's what happens when you piss me off," Yusuke smiled. "Right Kura?"

Sakura shook her head. "I wouldn't celebrate just yet,"

"What do you mean, Squirt?" Yusuke looked at her, perplexed.

"She means your fight isn't over yet!" Genkai said fiercely. "Did you actually think Rando could be defeated so easily?"

A deep, gravelly voice began laughing sadistically. Yusuke looked around quickly.

"Yes, Mr Urameshi. You should listen to the old hag. They tend to know things. For example, that I am a demon who will not be destroyed. Most likely she also knows that I must kill you all, as you are about to see my true form. The only real mystery is, how shall I choose to torture you?"

The ground began shaking and cracks opened up. Sakura pulled Botan out of the way of the giant hole that formed. A shaft of blinding light blasted from said hole, and out of the chasm rose a terrifying creature. Flashing scarlet eyes, a merciless grin. Long flowing hair, strange tattoos on his face and a powerful, muscular body. Every inch of him radiated the blackhearted monster he was.