21. I... care too much about them

"Every lie is a poison; there are no harmless lies. Only the truth is safe. Only the truth gives me consolation - it is the one unbreakable diamond. "
-Leo Tolstoy

.

.

.

Recap:

"Hello piglet. " She said as she barried her face in his hair. Breathing slowly as she enjoyed the rare close contact. "Did you need help with anything? " she asked only to receive muffled grumbles from him.

________________________________________

She laughed quietly as Techno grumbled. Probably mad about not understanding or knowing what he had to do. She looked forward for a split second before understanding what it was that they were having a problem with. Seeing the bright pink liquid sitting in the, still warm, kettle. Another small laugh escaped from her.

"Sugar." She said, only to feel Techno tense almost immediately. "You forgot sugar, piglet. Nothing more, yet nothing less. " She assured. Hugging the brunette a bit tighter to signal the end of their little reunion. He picked up on the signal rather quickly seeing as he's known the woman for a decent amount of time. Slowly unwrapping his arms from around her.
She ruffled his hair before making her way to one of the cupboards. Grabbing the sugar to complete the tea. Making sure to stir it soon after she poured in the sugar.

Everyone watched in confusion, except Techno and Y/N, as the once pink liquid turned a coal-black.

"Why didn't I ever think that I was missing sugar? "

"I... I..did it just go from pink to black? I'm not the only one who saw that, right? " Wilbur exclaimed in confusion. Everyone either looking in awe or trying to figure out how that worked. Although, the only reaction Y/N gave, was a simple laugh.

Turning around to ruffle Techno's hair once again.

"Now, as much as I enjoy helping you I believe there in a certain conversation that needs to be had." Glancing over to Phil and Kristin after she said that. Beginning to walk out of the room. Leading the two upstairs to her office. Fiddling with her cast and arm brace as she though of every outcome possible. Mentally bracing herself as she left Techno to deal with the rest of SBI and George. Him mentally rethinking all of the wrongs, he could have done to the the taller woman, with each stride she took away from him.

Cutting his thoughts off as he noticed her tapping her shoulder six times. Tap taptap tap tap tap.

Quickly, he clapped once then twice. Catching the others attention but responding to Y/N. He spun around soon after, grabbing a few glasses and setting them on the table.

"You guys are probably a bit worn out. Do you guys want tea or anything?" He asked, noting his success on drawing there attention by clapping. Everyone giving him different answers and him pouring everyone a drink. Wilbur getting a glare with his drink after making the comment of Techno begging the man-wife and Y/N being the woman-husband. Though that didn't stop laughter from coming from Techno and the others. 

Techno poured himself some tea, along with three other glasses, making his way to the outside patio. The small group following behind him like baby ducklings.

______________________________________

Meanwhile:
(I really hate 'meanwhile')

Y/N took quiet deep breaths as she led the two to her office. Feeling the rapid beats of her heart pick up at the thought of having to talk about what happened. Feeling sorry for the stress she was causing everyone. Knowing that she wouldn't be able to lie to them about what she was going through, but also not wanting anyone else to get hurt by involving themselves.

Wishing she could crawl in a hole and hide away from the rest of the world instead.

The couple following behind her were having a mental conversation with one another as they both picked up on the nervous habits of the younger girls. Both thinking about hugging the poor girl and comforting her instead of having the long awaited conversation. Though neither of them made a move to do so, thinking it would be better to talk about it now then make her have the weight on her shoulders.

The three all took a deep breath and walked the the office door, closing it behind them, and making their way down the stairs. Phil and Kristin taking a seat on the sofa while Y/N allowed her beanbag chair to engulf her. Bring a smile two the adults as they got a glimpse of their friend's childlike nature.

"I'm not sure where I should really start... Maybe the reason why the incident happened? " she asked more to herself than them.

__________________________________________________________________

CLIFFHANGER!!

I hope everyone is doing okay! As I've said before, updates will be slow due to a book collaboration with a friend and because I am rewriting two old books I recently unpublished. Sorry for that, kinda.

Anyways, I hoped you lot enjoyed and feel free to ask any questions you may have. See you in the next upload I guess.