𝒾.

╔═════════════ chapter one.

═════════════════════════

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

⚠️ not sure if you saw the caption but i am giving you a cringe warning because oml 💀, don't say i didn't warn you, i don't know why you guys are reading this, i'd rather you read any book but this and my newt fanfic tbh 😭

MY PARENTS sent me off to a camp called 'Camp Nightwing' for the summer so they could spend some time together without their troubling child, I grab my belongings and open the car door, shutting it behind me.

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" I wave as they both smile at me waving back.

"Love you honey, have fun okay!" My mom shouts blowing kisses.

"I will" I laugh, then I watch them drive away, beeping the horn as a last goodbye.

I let out a sigh going towards the camp, looking around for a person who was in charge, i look to see a girl and walk up to her.

"Hi, are you the councillor?" I ask her and she looks over at me, smiling.

"Yes I am!" She confirms "what's your name, hun?"

"Y/n, L/n"

"Alright Y/n...Y/n...Y/n," she looks through a clipboard before placing her finger somewhere on the paper "ah-hah! Your in cabin 5, follow me"

I follow the lady to a cabin and she stops in front of the door, "here you are Y/n, cabin 5! You'll be sharing with Ziggy Berman, if you ever need me just ask for Joan" with that she walks away.

I enter the room spotting, two singular beds on the left-hand side, one bunk on the right and other pieces of furniture with peoples belongings placed randomly around the room.

I then see the bed closest to the wall with someone's belongings on top of the duvet, meaning someone had already claimed the spot.

I then decide to go into the other singular bed next to it, I hang up my AC/DC poster on the wall above the shelf, on the shelf I place down my cassette tapes most of them being 'The Clash', 'AC/DC', 'The Police' and many more.

I placed a few books on the shelf too putting a little object to keep everything still, I place all of my clothes in the draws and put my art supplies in the night stand draw beside my bed.

Once I was satisfied with my unpacking I shove my empty bags under my bed, I then grab my sketch book, headphones, cassette tape and play starting to listen to 'Queen'.

I then blast up my volume to 'We Will Rock You' I drum the beat out on my sketch book as I let my creativity do all the work on my page.

I end up drawing 'The Shining' in my own style, using the books description to draw out the details, I then look up from my book seeing a red haired girl enter the cabin.

She had pale white skin, ocean blue eyes and if you look close enough you could see the freckles on her face, she looked at me then goes over to the bed furthest to the room next to mine.

I pause my song and take off my headphones looking at the girl, I set my belongings down and go to the side of my bed facing her, I put my hand out.

"I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n" I smile, waiting for her to shake my hand.

"Ziggy Berman" she says taking my hand in hers.

Ziggy and I tell each other about ourselves and it turns out, we have a few things in common, we're both pranksters, we love Stephen king, we also like listening to music.

"I'm off for a walk" I smile looking outside the dark starry night through the window.

"Okay, enjoy yourself!" She calls as I leave the cabin, I walk around humming a little tune and a lady grabs my shoulders spinning me around, I look to see the lady known as 'Nurse Lane'.

"What song are you humming!" She asks me, scrunching her face.

"You Always Hurt The One You Love?" I answer confused, she looks at me with a sad and angry expression.

"I don't want to hear that again" she spoke wiping away what appears to be a tear.

"Sorry ma'am" I apologise giving her a sympathetic look knowing about her daughter Ruby Lane.

Nurse Lane starts walking away and I rub my eyes tired walking into a cabin, I start to take off my jacket and open my eyes sleepily only to see I was in the wrong cabin, I place my jacket on myself again for warmth as the girl approaches me.

"What are you doing here, Shadysider?" The brown haired girl asks.

"I-Um- I thought I was in the right cabin... I'll be on my way"

"What's your name?"

"Y/n... Y/n L/n"

"I'm Sheila," she says looking me up and down as if trying to figure me out "Well.. Y/n, it was nice meeting you" she furrows her eyebrows as I nod, exiting the cabin going to the correct one this time.

Ziggy looks at me with a concerned face, walking over to me cupping my face in her hands, she moves my head looking for marks.

"I saw you in Sheila's cabin are you okay?" Ziggy asks and I nod as a response.

"She seems nice, so I... should be fine?"
Almost saying it as if it were a question.

"You've got to stay away from her Y/n/n..." Ziggy sighs making her way over to her bed, pulling her pyjamas out of the draw starting to get dressed, I do the same then get into my sheets cuddling up to my pillow.

I then groan realising I didn't get a glass of water for when I wake up in the middle of the night, I get up going to the main hall grabbing a glass from the kitchen and make my way to the sink.

Once I had made it to the sink I heard a floorboard creak, I turn myself around only to see a male I didn't know, he had blue eyes from what I could tell and light brown hair that came down to the bottom of his nose.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to scare you, I'm Tommy Slater" He smiles also grabbing a glass making his way over to the sink.

"I'm Y/n, Y/n L/n" I reply yawning.

"Sounds like someone's sleepy," he chuckles and I smile shrugging, "you better get off then, we've got a busy day tomorrow"

I give him a confused look furrowing my eyebrows, sipping a bit of my water "what's so special about tomorrow?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Colour War, it's event that happens every year in Camp Nightwing, you'll see tomorrow though," Tommy says giving me a corner smile messing up my hair, "goodnight kiddo"

"Night Tommy!" I call before making my way over to my cabin, I walk inside setting my glass of water on the coaster before getting into my sheets again turning over to see Ziggy looking at me gently smiling.

"Goodnight Y/n/n" she whispers before cuddling into her duvet and closing her eyes, peacefully sleeping, soon after I fall asleep to whispering..

"Sweet dreams Ziggy" that's when I close my eyes.