𝟖~ 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

🌸🌸🌸

"Woah, (y/n)! What happened to you?" Josuke questioned, staring at the band-aids littering your body.

"Well... Yukako."

"She did this to you?? We need to do something about it!" Okuyasu grunted in concern. It was really unfair that you got bruised by some crazy girl and didn't make her pay.

"Are you kidding me? She would only want to kill me more! She thinks I'm gonna steal her man or some shit..."

"What, Koichi?"

"Yeah! I am not a big fan of eating leftovers, doesn't she realize that?"

"Damn." Jojo arched his eyebrows.

"I-I mean... Koichi is a cool person, but I would never flirt with someone who's taken! And he's not my type... A-anyways, don't mind about this." You gestured to your little injuries.

"We can't simply do that! We need to get Koichi to talk to Yukako."

"Guys..."

"C'mon, (y/n)! You can't just let anyone hurt you!" Okuyasu pointed out.

"I know, but it will only make it worse! I am fine now, aren't I?"

"No!"

"What did Rohan say about this?" Josuke fixed his pompadour slightly.

"Well, he pulled a Karen and told me he would beat Yukako's ass himself if I didn't do anything..."

"See?"

"I just don't want more trouble! I don't care about what she thinks of me, I am not gonna screw my reputation for this..."

"We can do that for you instead!"

"Ye- WAIT OKUYASU, NO! Listen, I..." You took a deep breath. "If I go talk to her, will you forget about this?"

They looked at each other and Jojo crossed his arms:

"Fine, but we are coming with you."

"Okay, good."

Yukako was chilling on a random bench, happily stuffing Koichi's cheeks with food.

"Hey, Yukako..." You shyly greeted her, immediately receiving a glare in return.

"(Y/n)! I-" The shorty was interrupted by a mochi being shoved into his mouth.

"Can't you see I'm busy?" She hissed.

"Well, I just wanted to talk."

"I don't want to hear anything from you."

"Okay so, I'm only gonna say it once. Stop jumping into conclusions and thinking I want to steal your boyfriend, alright? I am just living my life and it's already difficult enough without you in it!"

She didn't say anything. Her partner finished swallowing the food and spoke up for her instead:

"(Y/n), I'm sorry about that... It could have been avoided if I was there..."

"No Koichi, it's okay. As long as you tell your girlfriend not to assault other people for no reason, it will be fine..."

"You-" Yukako stood up and the duo behind you stood in front of you protectively, letting out their stands, but you couldn't see that.

"I am not asking much! I don't even expect we become friends, just get that you don't have to be so jealous. Plus, Koichi loves you. He would never cheat on you with anyone, especially me." You sighed, leaving the love doves behind while your two male friends followed quietly.

"You did well, (y/n)!" Josuke ruffled your hair, making you giggle.

"I just talked to her..."

"You spat some facts there. Don't worry about her, you've got the perfect bodyguards." He smirked. "But you might not even need us after all..."

"Oh please." You rolled your eyes, looking away bashfully.

"Hold on, I'll go get something that'll make you happier." Then, the one with the pompadour ran away somewhere.

Okuyasu cleaned his throat and you glanced at him. That was a very peculiar scar on his face... How does someone end up with that anyways?

"How did you get that scar, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Oh, um..." He tensed up, frowning ever so slightly. "My dad..."

"Oh... Gosh, I'm sorry for asking that..."

"Nah, that's fine. You didn't know..."

"Well, if you asked me how I thought you got that 'x' on your face..." You stepped closer, making him blush furiously. Then, you cupped his warm cheeks and squeezed them gently. "I'd guess it's because you're a teasure."

You internally asked yourself where that confidence came from and immediately regretted it under Okuyasu's silence. However, the goofy grin on his lips eased up the tension.

"D-do you really think that...?"

"I mean... Yeah?"

"Pfft, don't say things like that..." He looked down in embarrassment, subcounsciously leaning into your touch.

"Too cheesy?"

"I like cheese!"

"Pfft." You let go of his face and stepped back, feeling your own cheeks heat up.

"Think fast!"

Out of nowhere, a juice box hit your forehead.

"Ah, sorry!" Josuke apologized. It didn't sound really sincere since he instantly started laughing at your poker face.

"Thanks, Jojo." You picked it up from the floor and smiled, glad that he choose a flavor of juice that you liked.

"Thanks, bro." Okuyasu stabbed the little hole on top of it with his canine teeth and chugged it down in one gulp.

"Geez, I've never seen anyone drink out of a juice box like that!" You said, watching him grin proudly.

"He always does that." Josuke shook his head, drinking it like a normal person.

"Hmm..." You thought for a second and pulled the straw out of the hole, chugging the juice down like your friend just did. It would have been okay if you didn't choke on it in the last second, pulling away with a strangled cough.

While you suffered, the two guys wheezed their hearts out at your little accident.

"Great bodyguards you are! I am practically dying here!" You wiped your face clean and hoped the liquid wouldn't stain your shirt.

"Sorry, (y/n), that was just too funny!" Jojo breathed out, nibbling on his straw. "Are you alright, though?"

"Yeah, but my uniform isn't. Do you think it's gonna damage it...?"

"Not at all, I know because I had some juice box incidents before..." Okuyasu grinned, blowing air into his juice box so he could stomp on it later.

"Yeah you big dumbass, don't be a bad example to (y/n)!"

"Well, you ain't a model student either!"

   They playfully hit each other and you glanced at the sky. Many weird phenomens have happened recently... At first you thought your friends were just joking, but after that mysterious guy randomly made a pole explode, your questions have returned. There were clearly no logic explanations for this, and your best guess was that this city was haunted by some evil force. Either that, or you were going crazy. Or both. One thing you knew... There was no way someone's hair could move like Yukako's did yesterday. What the hell did they put in her shampoo?

"Guys, can you tell me more about those 'stands' you mentioned a while ago?"

🌸🌸🌸