Chapter 2 - Meeting the Peters

I walked up to the door of the Peters house and knocked on the door rather loudly. A few seconds later the mystery man opened the door and looked at me annoyed. "I found a little girl crying with the same bite mark as my brother and I, and she died in my brothers arms. I am NOT in the mood for your bullshit!" I said fiercely, pointing to my brother and Brady behind me before he can get a word out. He frowned and opened the door wider so I could walk in with Barry and Brady following behind.

I sat on his couch and pulled my bandage off that was covering the bite. The bite had slightly healed but it was still there. It grew silent as we all sat there awkwardly. It was so silent I could hear cars driving past, but we weren't near a road so I got straight to the point and asked the question I've been wondering since we were bitten. "What's going on with us?" I asked. He sighed and looked me in the eye.

"It's hard to explain and I don't think you will believe me so I'll just show you." He said. He moved to the back of the room and started to breathe heavily. He shifted into what looked like a part human part wolf. He had claws, sharpened to a point, his teeth were the same, his eyes were a bright shade of blue and he had extra hair on his face mostly where there was already hair. His eyes were exactly like the ones from the woods so I quickly stood up and took a couple of steps away from him. He reached his hand out towards me, like a person would to a new dog to show they won't hurt them, so I timidly walked forward and grabbed his hand.

He then turned back and I looked towards the boys. They had wide eyes and looked at us, their face showing their fear and horror. "That's what you guys are and I am so sorry." He said. He seemed sad and guilty that this happened to us, like this is a burden he had put on us. I shook my head and looked back at him. Something must have clicked in his head because Barry became very angry "Did you do this to us?" My brother accused.

He stood up and stomped his way over to us. I quickly put myself in front of the mystery man and glared at my brother. "No he didn't, he saved me from what did! So Calm Down." I growled out at him. Everyone looked at me shocked and I put my hand over my mouth. I looked towards Barry and he looked a little scared of me. I frowned at him and reached out for him like the man did to me. He jumped slightly then took my hand. I quickly hugged him as tears started rolling down my face. "I'm so sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me." I cried out. He hushed me and I turned around and looked at the mystery guy.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Trevor Peters." He said. I looked at the boys shocked and they looked as shocked as I did. "Peters? Like as in the Peters who were brutally murdered in this house 3 years ago? That Peters?" Brady asked, speaking for the first time. I walked over to him and slapped the back of his head. He yelped and looked at me while rubbing where I hit. I glared at him for being insensitive, and he frowned and looked at Trevor. "Sorry, but yeah. Was that your family?" He asked. Trevor nodded and looked around the house.

"Yeah that was my family." He muttered. I walked up to him and gave him a hug. He froze for a moment, seeming shocked that I hugged him, but soon he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. We stood like that for a while before he pulled back, so I smiled at him and he smiled back. I heard Brady clear his throat, probably feeling awkward at the sudden closeness Trevor and I held. I took a few steps back and looked at Barry. He was looking towards the ground, his body shaking a little. I nudged Trevor, trying to bring his attention to my brother, then pulled Brady out of the way.

As soon as Brady was out of the way my brother transformed into the thing Trevor was earlier. I jumped slightly and Brady took a few steps back. I looked at Trevor and he was walking towards my brother slowly. Once Trevor was near my brother, Barry looked up at him and I gasped at his eye color. They were blood red, and they were focused on Brady. Then Barry jumped towards Brady, his teeth snapping at Brady, but Trevor caught him and pinned him to the floor.