Chapter 1 : Haunted by the Memories

'Run faster!' Marinette kept yelling at herself everytime she slowed down to catch her breath. 'Now's not the time to take a break. You need to keep going.' She'd keep trying to motivate herself to pick up pace. How long has she been running? If only she knew. To her, it's like she's been running forever. As she ran passed a few blocks, she could hear the footsteps behind her getting louder and louder. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't escape it. She was being chased. Not by an akumatized victim or anything. But something far worse than that. She ran passed the river, the school, the hospital, her home, pretty much half of Paris by now. Her eyes kept scanning her surroundings, desperately looking for someone nearby. Someone who could help her. Someone to save her. But alas, no one was around. The poor girl was abandoned.

She ran into a few blocks hoping to lose her predictors. Sadly, that didn't go so well either. She eventually ended up at a dead end. A large building stopping her from running any further. As she tried to go back, she gasped in fear as she found her hunters to already present. Who are they? They resembled to Chat Noir, Alya, Luka and Nino but something was different about them. All of them were severely wounded. Blood dripping out of their bodies and an unnatural posture was indicating a few broken bones.

"S-s- stay back!" She gulped while slowly walking away from them. She was afraid of the sight of them. Yet they still came closer and closer to her. She was eventually pinned to the wall against her back. Her arms trying to grip the wall as if her life depends upon it.

"Marinette how could you hurt us?" The zombie Nino was the first to speak up.

"I-i didn't d-do anything to y-you." She replied back.

"Of course you did. You abandoned us, remember? You attacked us. You're the reason we're dead." Luka's voice was calm yet it sent chills down Marinette's spine.

"Doesn't our friendship mean anything to you?" Alya asked as her face rotated at an angle. The sound of her neck crack entered Marinette's ears. She closed her eyes as if that would stop the horror in front of her. But they reopened as she remained frozen in fear when she felt someone grab her hand. It was (a zombie) Chat Noir. He grabbed her hand and placed it on his chest. Her eyes widened in shock.

"How could you M'lady? You broke me." As soon as he said that, blood started to drip out of his chest. Marinette felt the liquid on her hand. She tried to pull her hand away, but his grip was surprisingly too strong.

"What's the matter? Afraid of your Prince?" His voice echoed. A bright green flash escaped from his ring. Marinette shut her eyes at it's intensity. When she heard "open your eyes Bugaboo" she reopened them only to be frozen in fear again. Standing in front of her was Adrien but he had a whole in his chest. Blood leaked out rapidly. His heart was in Marinette's hand before he collapsed to the floor.

"ADRIEN!" she cried. Looking at his still pumping heart in her hand made her sick to her stomach. She felt like throwing up. She covered her mouth with her free hand while still gazing on the heart. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't look away.

She started hearing voices. The other zombies cried "Murderer" in unison. They kept repeating the word like a broken record player.

All of Marinette's desperate attempts to make them stop talking were useless. She begged them to stop. But they didn't. Marinette found herself taking a few steps back. However, she stopped when her eyes spotted her own shadow laughing.

"What is this?" She cried.
"Isn't it obvious? It's you. You're the one who did this to them." Her shadow responded. As if it had a life of it's own, it quickly ran upto her and grabbed her by her arms. Her grips was strong. It made Marinette scream in pain. "Isn't this beautiful?" The shadow asked teasingly while gripping the young baker's arms tighter.