Chapter 2 - The Interviews

Start from the beginning

                                                        •~~•

Alexa shot up in a cold sweat, her breathing heavy as she tried to collect her thoughts enough to be able to breathe correctly. In through the nose, out through the mouth... She reminded herself, regaining her breath after a few moments. It wasn't uncommon for her to have nightmares like this, but this in particular nightmare she hasn't had in years. Little did she know her roommates had the same nightmare before they'd woken up as well..

She looked over at the time and sighed, the small bedside clock she had reading 5:30 am. Well, at least she had a whole thirty minutes to get ready for the interview. And with that thought in mind, she went to the bathroom connected to her room to get ready for the day. After she'd gotten dressed and done her hair, she decided to see if the others were awake yet. (She's always looked a little older than she was, so she never really found a purpose for the make-up her friends had gotten her.)

Walking into the living room, she was met with the pleasant smell of pancakes and bacon. Smiling, she walked over to the counter, spotting Tommy at the stove while Ranboo and Tubbo are at the table with half cleared plates.

"Here," Tommy said, turning around to hand her a plate, turning back to turn off the stove. "Eat so we can leave, or we'll be late."

To most, he sounds quite rude and very blunt, but sometimes that's just how Tommy showed he was worried or concerned- basically for everything, it's just how he was. And Ranboo, Tubbo and Alexa had come to accept that fact, they all found it rather funny though.

She grabbed her plate and started eating, watching as Ranboo downed the last of his own food, picking up his plate and taking it to the sink. He waved at them all and went out the door, guess he was gonna be late for his job if he didn't hurry as well.

Tommy had made his food first since he was the first one up, making everyone else their food once they were awake. It was around 4:02 when he had woken up in a panicked state, his heart was pounding in his chest and his breathing was quickened. His nightmare had been quite similar to Alexa, Tubbo and Ranboo's, but instead of starting in the lab from memories he's been trying to bury for years, his started in the destruction zone after some sort of explosion. Unlike the others, he had these types of nightmares nightly. Some were as gruesome and gory as he had remembered them, others were a bit toned down and blurry. He preferred if didn't have them at all, but so far, aside from his three roommates, life had been quite the opposite of his preferences.

So while he waits for Alexa to finish her food, he goes and gets ready. Putting on the nicest shirt he has, then throwing his red and white jacket over to complete the look he agreed one with Tubbo before going on patrol last night.

He walked back into the kitchen just as Alexa was putting her plate in the sink.

"You ready?" He asked as he nodded towards the door, she smiled nervously and nodded.

"Yep."

Her wings slightly puffed up behind her as she walked towards the door, only able to half turn the knob before Tubbo called out to her.

"Hair!"

She stopped to look down at the purple streaks in her hair, quickly making them disappear before mouthing a whisper to Tubbo as she followed Tommy out of the door. His own wings being tucked under his jacket, whilst Alexa's were folded behind her back.

They exited the building without so much as a word to each other, heading to the train station.

                                                      ~~~~