13 | ℑ𝔱'𝔰 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔶𝔰

OCTOBER 17th, 1989

     "ALRIGHT I'm only gonna say this once," Mr. wright was leaned over his desk that was placed in the center of the class with his hands placed flatly on top, glaring over his fellow students with a serious glare in his eyes fixing the square shaped glasses along the bridge of his nose. "I do not want to hear any excuses next Friday. I've told you guys on multiple occasions to hand in the last bit of work you have left from last month. Next Friday is the last day, that's it. No exceptions, I don't wanna hear it."

Mr. Wright states firmly as he hands out papers to the students, "You guys had until the end of last month to turn in your work, November is right around the corner. I expect every piece of assignment finished and turned in on time the moment you step into this classroom, or else you all will get an F on each individual assignment missing." The bell suddenly rings. Some of the students stood up and began to collect their stuff heading towards the door until Mr. Wright alerted them. "Uh huh, I'm sorry I believe I'm still talking." He recalls.

The students looked at each other hesitantly, "But sir," One of them pointed at the clock. "The bell rang." Looking at the boy as if he was slow, Mr. Wright stepped in front of him blocking his way to the door with his hands placed behind his back, "You think I don't know that, son?" He shakes his head.

"Must you understand the bell doesn't dismiss you, I dismiss you." he scoffs, "I hope we come to realize students, this is a major issue, and if you continue doing this, it will cause you to not graduate and go to the highest paying college out there because you didn't do or turn in your work. I shouldn't have to hold your hand. I've grown tired of having to repeat myself, you all are old enough to comprehend, understand how this works by now. So with that being said, all work must be turned in by Friday, no exceptions. You're dismissed." He steps aside from the door, all students beginning to file out of the class, leaving it practically empty with only Liberty and a few others slowly packing their things.

She got up from her chair about to leave until she heard her name be called from behind, "Ms. Honey?" Twirling around her eyebrows raised looking at her teacher, "Yes?"

"I've been meaning to ask you something." He starts, encouraging to come back and stand at his desk.

"Oh yeah? Is something wrong?"

"Oh no, nothing is wrong. I was wondering if you were interested or even considering going to honor classes?"

Her ears perked, head tilted to the side like a curious dog. "Honor classes?" She inquired.

"Yes," he explains further, "they are more advanced and in depth, often at a faster pace than regular coursework, mainly for students who can handle a challenge. You have an outstanding mind of intelligence, even though school has just begun for you, your grading has maintained sustainability for the past month, and personally I feel you could be qualified for that line of work. Now I have talked to your other teachers about it and we've all agreed on this."