11 | 𝔘𝔭 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔦𝔯 𝐼𝐼

Start from the beginning

He stood beneath the show head for a good 15 minutes allowing the steaming water to roll down his body before he washed up. Those good 15 minutes consisted of him figuring out where all this pent up tension was coming from.

Ultimately it had to be Liberty, but why? It was obvious he wanted her. For once he didn't feel lust filled, or quenched a certain craving when he was around her, it was purely authentic.

But undoubtedly, she didn't know or understand that.

He believes she's avoiding him due to his horrible way of treating girls. He doesn't blame her because he hates how he grew accustomed to playing with her girls and forgetting them the next day. But getting rejected because of his fair share of girls strangely sends his ego to a shrink.

Sadly, he's never been the one for a serious relationship from witnessing his parents' ill-fated marriage and experiencing heartbreak himself, yet he couldn't help but want a relationship with Liberty.

If this was all fun and games to him, he would have already made his move. But because he knows Liberty isn't like that, he knew he wouldn't have stood a chance. They both knew she was more than just a one-night fling. And like he said before, he didn't see her in that light.

She's too much of a sweetheart to be treated like some random girl. A peaceful spirit, kind smile and so much more is the reason why he's gained such a quick crush on her. Mind you, he's not much of a people's person and already he's willing to open up his bubble for her. For once in his life, he wanted someone all to himself, someone he wouldn't mind wasting his time and effort on.

Liberty has never liked anyone before or found someone dangerously attractive until Lucas came around. The constant teasing, butterflies in her stomach and charming playfulness made her feel overwhelmed in a beautiful way. She wanted that rush of ecstasy, she wanted to know what it was like to be liked by someone.

She wanted a lot of things but was too unsure of how to respond to it all. In some aspects, she was naive, she lacked experience in the dating department, and barely had any idea of what it was like to be someone's girlfriend. Deeply aware of Lucas' history, she was scared in her defense that she would be too boring for him and that maybe he would end things when he realizes she's not all that he'd hoped for.

Lucas stood in front of his locker fully dressed smelling like Calvin Klien cologne along his body, a frowned face thinking too deeply of what he can do instead of hesitating like he has been for the past couple of days.

He grabs his shirt and places it over his head just in time for Rocky to come from the side. His afro curls were pulled back in a ponytail showing off the nice freshly faded haircut, fully dressed in an all-black hoodie and sweats with a pair of timberlands and backpack on, taking his place on the bench. "Ayo bro, I gotta question for ya." He reaches up, patting the back of his hand against Lucas' upper arm gaining his attention. "Wassup?" Lucas acknowledges. He slipped on his gray hoodie over the black shirt pulling out his gold cross from underneath so it wouldn't get snagged.

Rocky rolled his lips in, crossed his arms over his chest thinking of his words wisely, "You like Liberty?" He inquires bluntly, eyeing his friend carefully.

Lucas' head flinches back for a second, a smile crept on his lips at the random question, nonetheless, answers truthfully. "Yes, she's a sweet girl, I dig her." He states genuinely, cutting his eyes to Rocky nodding with a subtle frown.

"Mhmm, okay, okay," He hummed, stroking the short beard along his chin. "So, like. . .platonically or romantically?"

"Why, man?" Lucas smiles in amusement, turning his head from him as he takes his bag from out his locker and sets it aside.