11 | 𝔘𝔭 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔦𝔯 𝐼𝐼

Start from the beginning

Stunned, Nicholas' head moves forward, his brows raised as high as possible as if trying to comprehend what she was saying, "Like, platonically?"

Marisol shakes her head, "I don't think so. . . The way she described it, sounded more like a "I'm tryna get to know you" typa date."

They were quiet, stealing glances at one another as the wheels began to turn. "You think Liberty is trying to avoid him?" Devon piques.

"All because he's showing interest!?" Marisol exclaims, "Any girl would pay to get in Liberty's shoes if they found out she got asked to go on a date with the school's most beloved pretty boy." Suddenly the sound of shushing was heard from the front of the class. All heads turned to see their teacher seated at his desk eyeing the class over the rim of his glasses with knitted eyebrows, "Shh! I said no talking! I shouldn't be hearing any voices right now!" before resuming back to the newspaper at hand. Marisol rolls her eyes in annoyance, turning to her friends for the three of them to lean in a little closer and whisper, "Or maybe she thinks he was playing her? Ya know Lucas has a bad rep for casually sleeping around . . ." Nicholas insinuates.

"Debatable, but I feel Lucas doesn't view her in that way." Devon challenges, her hands up in the air with a shrug and drops them down to her lap.

"Maybe she didn't know how to respond?" Nicholas inquires looking between the girls "What did she say when she told you?"

Devon lays her eyes on Mari, "Well I asked if she said yes and how it went and she said oh, it was nice, they talked but she never got a chance to respond back."

"Oh. . ." Nicholas trails off.

"Yeahhhh. . ." Marisol chimed lowly. "So how should we go about this then? Should we talk to her?"

Nicholas purses his lips thinking for a moment.

He looks at the clock watching as it ticks closely to dismissal and smirks a little, "I got an idea."

Personally, there are pros and cons to people trying to get two people together. Some problems could increase with a 50/50% chance, this could work or sadly end on a bad rep. If neither one was gonna acknowledge their feelings for each other (unless they were under peer pressure) then it was up to them to push them to their limits and see where this goes.

It was understandable why Lucas felt weirdly annoyed, bothered even. Why was Liberty acting funny all of a sudden? For the past few days, she hasn't spoken to him as much. Whenever he'd try to get her attention, she would ignore him. Pent up frustration and tension was building along his shoulders. The ball was gripped within the palm of his hand and dribbled around his opponent to the other side of the court, shooting for a sweet, smooth 3 pointer through the orange hoop to hear the sound of a high-pitched whistle from the sidelines.

Beads of sweat rolled down the side of his temple as he stepped back slowly with his hands up in the air watching as the ball fell through the hoop and landed on the ground with a few bounces to claim the sweet sound of victory.

A relieved huff escapes from his lips, chest heaved to the beating of his heart against his ribcage. As he leaned forward with his hands on his knees in hopes to catch his breath, gold locks stuck to his forehead looking up to see his couch stood beside him giving his shoulder a nice pat. Coach hollers, "Good job team alpha you're dismissed! Beta? 50 pushups, no breaks, no slacking off, let's go!" A group of boy's groan in chorus at the order, hearing the whistle blow a few times and slips from his lips to fall and rest at his stomach.

Lucas chuckles a little, scrunching his face as he slowly straightens himself up and walks to the spacious clean showers to get the grime and sweat off his body.